Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

rental assistance

rental assistance

Old Jun 7th 2006, 5:38 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute
Default rental assistance

Hi

I understand that I wont be able to claim dole etc..but Does anyone know if you can claim any help with rental costs when you are PR but before the 2 years...... I will be renting a house on my own but have to find work, is there any help I can get with the rent while seeking employment?

laura
x
Old Jun 7th 2006, 5:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Paul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to all
Default Re: rental assistance

You should be eligible for rent assistance....

http://www.familyassist.gov.au/inter...ntent/payments

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
Hi

I understand that I wont be able to claim dole etc..but Does anyone know if you can claim any help with rental costs when you are PR but before the 2 years...... I will be renting a house on my own but have to find work, is there any help I can get with the rent while seeking employment?

laura
x
Old Jun 7th 2006, 6:08 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

Only available to families (i.e. you have to have kids).

Originally Posted by Paul and Chloe
You should be eligible for rent assistance....

http://www.familyassist.gov.au/inter...ntent/payments
Old Jun 7th 2006, 6:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think you can get rent assistance unless you have a child. And I don't think Laura's got a child yet.

Mrs JTL
Old Jun 7th 2006, 8:55 am
Nos De Caraid...

BartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I don't think you can get rent assistance unless you have a child. And I don't think Laura's got a child yet.

Mrs JTL
Will you give the title to Mr. JTL...?
Old Jun 7th 2006, 10:04 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BartSimpson

bugga, maybe I could borrow one......???

anyone??? I knew there was a good reason to have kids, apart from the baby bonus.......

laura
x
Old Jun 7th 2006, 10:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

anyone??? I knew there was a good reason to have kids, apart from the baby bonus.......

laura
x

You can have my 3 any time i will even pay you to take them LOL
Mandy
Old Jun 7th 2006, 1:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BartSimpson
Old Jun 7th 2006, 1:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

laura
x
Laura, you can borrow ours till she turns 18. We want her back as soon as she starts making money.

Mrs JTL