rent in sydney

Old Jul 8th 2007, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

gunners1 will become famous soon enough
Default rent in sydney

Hi, does anyone have an idea of how much it would cost to rent a 1 bed flat in Sydney (near to city centre). I have look at varioUs web sites and there is a hugh difference in price for one site to another. If someone who has been house hunting recenly in Sydney may be able to give me an idea I would be thankful.

Cheers
Old Jul 8th 2007, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

JackSoCool will become famous soon enough
Default Re: rent in sydney

Originally Posted by gunners1
Hi, does anyone have an idea of how much it would cost to rent a 1 bed flat in Sydney (near to city centre). I have look at varioUs web sites and there is a hugh difference in price for one site to another. If someone who has been house hunting recenly in Sydney may be able to give me an idea I would be thankful.

Cheers
We've been using realestate.com and domain.com, they are pretty good websites for searching for property.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 3:17 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by gunners1

Cheers
the prices shouldn't differ because of which site you're using
Sydney has many different areas each with their own pros and cons which will determine the average price for the area (overall, not talking specific properties), these will be things like amenities, transport, location, reputation etc.

then within each area you'll find a range of prices depending on what the property has to offer; age, location, views, extras

at a guess i'd expect to pay $350-$450 for one bedroom, somewhere reasonably neat and tidy with access to main bus or train links
there's often a lot of competition for rentals in Sydney, finding the right place can be very trying
i'd suggest lower north shore (Kirribilli / Neutral Bay) or Glebe / Balmain on the south side
Old Jul 9th 2007, 3:55 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
the prices shouldn't differ because of which site you're using
Sydney has many different areas each with their own pros and cons which will determine the average price for the area (overall, not talking specific properties), these will be things like amenities, transport, location, reputation etc.

then within each area you'll find a range of prices depending on what the property has to offer; age, location, views, extras

at a guess i'd expect to pay $350-$450 for one bedroom, somewhere reasonably neat and tidy with access to main bus or train links
there's often a lot of competition for rentals in Sydney, finding the right place can be very trying
i'd suggest lower north shore (Kirribilli / Neutral Bay) or Glebe / Balmain on the south side
Manly and commute on the 'cat...? (if the only reason for being close to the CBD is 9-5 work related)
Old Jul 9th 2007, 3:58 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

I live in Randwick. 5 mins drive to Bondi Junction , 5 mins to Bronte Beach and can be in the city in 15-20 minutes. I pay $320 for a 2 bedroom unit with study. Its a decent size.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 4:02 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by DrWho
Manly and commute on the 'cat...? (if the only reason for being close to the CBD is 9-5 work related)
yep, it's an option if you like the beach lifestyle although prices are high nearer the ferry wharf
we lived in Queenscliff for a while and i could always cycle to the wharf without paying the inflated Manly price
having said that you could always look in the Eastern suburbs for a beach side rental and catch the bus/tube, but after 6 months i'd had enough of that game
it all depends on your priorities
Old Jul 9th 2007, 11:34 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jockstar
I live in Randwick. 5 mins drive to Bondi Junction , 5 mins to Bronte Beach and can be in the city in 15-20 minutes. I pay $320 for a 2 bedroom unit with study. Its a decent size.
Thats a really good price!
Old Jul 9th 2007, 11:48 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jockstar
That is a good price for a 2 bedder! Coincidently, today we managed to secure a 1 bedder in Kensington for $370
We got turned down on 7 others. The competition is strong for renters at the moment. We had to offer $10 a week over the price to get ours. Every single open home we went to had a minimum of 5 applicants.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
That is a good price for a 2 bedder! Coincidently, today we managed to secure a 1 bedder in Kensington for $370
We got turned down on 7 others. The competition is strong for renters at the moment. We had to offer $10 a week over the price to get ours. Every single open home we went to had a minimum of 5 applicants.
Well done getting the new pad Flea
Old Jul 10th 2007, 12:21 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Also i deal with the landlord and not an estae agent. We arrived last year and had only been here a week when we got this place. We looked at another place in Bondi Junction and they wanted $350 but its not as big or nice as here.