Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rent/selling property in Victoria

Rent/selling property in Victoria

Old Aug 9th 2008, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rent/selling property in Victoria

We will be renting our UK house out when we come over but didn't want to rent over there and would like to buy as soon as. However, if we don't like it and want to return to the UK is it possible to rent it out? I know Aussie rules are pretty strict but just wondering how strict.
Old Aug 9th 2008, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

RCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud of
Default Re: Rent/selling property in Victoria

Originally Posted by Lorrielou
We will be renting our UK house out when we come over but didn't want to rent over there and would like to buy as soon as. However, if we don't like it and want to return to the UK is it possible to rent it out? I know Aussie rules are pretty strict but just wondering how strict.
If you're asking what I think you're asking - ie can I rent out my Victorian property from the UK? - then the answer is 'yes, you can'.

If your question is more complex than that you might need to elaborate.
Old Aug 9th 2008, 4:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers, an in-principal response is just fine. This really is just a thought at this stage and if it were a no-no we wouldn't look into it anymore.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 2:13 am
BE Enthusiast

UK-2-OZ will become famous soon enoughUK-2-OZ will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Lorrielou
Depends on what visa you are on, if you are on PR no problems at all