rent or sell

Old Aug 31st 2005, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

sara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the rough
Default rent or sell

Has anyone rented the house over here and bought in aus .. how easy is it to get a house without deposit ...
I have read a few threads where people really wish they had never gone .. wouldn`t like to sell business and house then not like it and be stuck because we cant afford to buy back in the uk .. we only have a 64000 mortgage but can sell for approx 185000 so the money would come in use when buying in aus .. can anyone help ...
Old Sep 1st 2005, 1:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: rent or sell

Originally Posted by sara-anthony3108
Has anyone rented the house over here and bought in aus .. how easy is it to get a house without deposit ...
I have read a few threads where people really wish they had never gone .. wouldn`t like to sell business and house then not like it and be stuck because we cant afford to buy back in the uk .. we only have a 64000 mortgage but can sell for approx 185000 so the money would come in use when buying in aus .. can anyone help ...
Hi
We, unfortunately, had to rent out or house back in the UK to enable us to get to OZ for my hubby's job, just unable to sell, market flat etc. We always say, best to sell before emigrating if possible. Far less hassle in the long run.

Our opinion, we would not buy a house over hear whilst our UK house is being rented, if anything happened, just could not afford to pay the mortgage both here and in the UK! We are renting a lovely house in Cairns, one we probably cld not afford to buy in the future as prices have exploded since we first started looking around 18 months ago!

Your comments about a few people 'wishing they had never gone' that is, and will always be a fact, but, the majority STAY that is also another fact!
To make the move in the first place, it has to be for the right reasons, you have to stay focused and as positive as possible - it can be a long journey.

Australia is a beautiful country - so much to see and do - it helps to have a sense of adventure then you can make the most of whats on offer!!!

Watch out Australia the Bix's are ready to rumble!!!!!

Last edited by Bix da Boss; Sep 1st 2005 at 1:08 am.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

sara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for ur advise .. It will me me not my husband that will want to come back but I fully intend to give it my all .... do u know much abt the sunshine coast .. orig looking at perth area but r now looking at sunshine coast ..
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 1:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sara-anthony3108
Thanks for ur advise .. It will me me not my husband that will want to come back but I fully intend to give it my all .... do u know much abt the sunshine coast .. orig looking at perth area but r now looking at sunshine coast ..
Hi Sara - Anthony

The Sunshine Coast, well we went to the Gold Coast earlier this year actually!
Stayed at place called Coolangatta, right on the New South Wales border. Drove nearly all the way up the coast. Visited friends who live a few hours out of Brisbane. We loved it there to be honest. It has a lot to offer. Wherever you live on the outskirts of the main city, you are still able to enjoy visits to Brisbane if you so desire. All the Theme Parks are on the Sunshine and Gold coasts, Surfers Paradise, absolutely AWESOME beaches, miles and miles long - beautiful golden sands, clear blue sea - great! If you're into water sports - you're made Wild life santuary's, clubs, bars, entertainment venues - you name it the Sunshine/Gold Coast has got it!!!

A lot of people we have met because of this site live and work there and I think I am right in saying - they do enjoy their lifestyle? Is that right guys

We cant wait to go back and see all the other places we missed first time round, and be able to relax on one of those awesome sandy beaches! Will have to start saving me thinks

Really depends on what you want in life to be honest. Australia can offer you all styles of living. You have to make the choice.

Hope this helps - it is only my opinion of course!

We live in Cairns, another beautiful part of Australia! Very lucky!

Take care
Gill