Rent Reviews

Old Mar 15th 2008, 10:54 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rent Reviews

Following a discussion at a BBQ last night .....

When you get a "proposed rent review" through from the agent, you don't have to accept it.

Like everything in life its negotiable.

I would argue that what is reasonable is in line with CPI (Consumer price index). For those who do not know this is a bundle of items selected to monitor inflation - every so often ie monthly or quarterly these selected goods are evaluated and the overall increase in price is deemed inflation.

10% increase is not reasonable if CPI is 3%!!!!

Do not also underestimate the costs for the landlord of changing tenants.

Weeks of unlet
Costs of advertising and upfront management fee
Wear and tear on property

Interest rates increases do not necessarily give basis for rental price increase - The way Vcat (sorry for other states) but property is deemed 100% owned and paid up by investors.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 1:36 am

@boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rent Reviews

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Following a discussion at a BBQ last night .....

When you get a "proposed rent review" through from the agent, you don't have to accept it.

Like everything in life its negotiable.
And the factsheet also, if its of any help to people facing this.
Taken fom http://www.tuv.org.au/advice/resources.aspx (Tenants Union of Victoria)

Also useful :
http://aussielegal.aol.com.au/inform...DetailsID=1068
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
rent_increases_fs_r_062006.pdf (35.2 KB, 94 views)
Old Mar 16th 2008, 5:38 am
Forum Regular

No Idea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rent Reviews

hmmmm...I was just offered a property...was advertised at $800 for 12 months, they accepted my application and came back with $800 for first 6 months and $850 for the next 6 months.......a bit of a differrence if you ask me!:curse: