RENT REBATE

Old Aug 21st 2009, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light
Default RENT REBATE

Sure I read somewhere you can get a rebate on your rent if your salary is low. If so what income are looking at if you are entitled to it as initially I would be on one salary averaging $60000-70000. reason I ask is that rent seems high in comparison to UK. prices seem to be $300-400 in area I am going.
gary
Old Aug 21st 2009, 2:59 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RENT REBATE

Originally Posted by garyp
Sure I read somewhere you can get a rebate on your rent if your salary is low. If so what income are looking at if you are entitled to it as initially I would be on one salary averaging $60000-70000. reason I ask is that rent seems high in comparison to UK. prices seem to be $300-400 in area I am going.
gary
Don't know the figures, but I would be very surprised if yiu qualifiied
By Qld standards the rent to Wages standard looks OK.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light

pollyana where do you work by the way is it for QAS?
Old Aug 21st 2009, 11:14 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

gary

Elligiblity and income levels for rent assistance for Queensland.....
http://www.housing.qld.gov.au/loans/pdf/rentalgrant.pdf
http://www.housing.qld.gov.au/loans/...ome_limits.pdf

....and Centrelink
http://www.centrelink.gov.au/interne...t_eligible.htm

At the income you quoted, I don't think you would successfully fulfill the income criteria......

Last edited by The Bloke; Aug 21st 2009 at 11:26 pm.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 11:54 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

pollyana where do you work by the way is it for QAS?
EMQ, same dept just a different division, based at Kedron
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

you know what vacancies there are at QAS. waiting for job offer
paramedic jobs that is
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 6:24 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

paramedic jobs that is
Check out the QAS thread. They'll give you the info.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 10:05 am
Melbourne - NE suburbs

DownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond repute

gary
60-70k is NOT a low salary !

$400 a week is typical rent for a house in Australia.

Last edited by DownUnderPaddy; Aug 22nd 2009 at 10:07 am.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 10:30 am
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all

I looked into this, and if we had PR, on my hubby's $59,000 salary on a $340 a week house, we would have been given $80 a fortnight.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 10:42 am
ABCDiamond

The rent rebate does depend on how many children you have, how old they are, and what your family income is.

The current threshold is close to $94,000 a year. Any higher than that and you are classed as earning enough to not need any benefit.

Old Aug 22nd 2009, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

thanks for replies. got two children as well so will have to look into this.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 11:18 pm
Home and Happy

paramedic jobs that is
Sorry, wouldn't know I'm afraid - as Moneypen said check out the QAS thread Also some of them may go on the Govt jobs site - www.jobs.qld.gov.au
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 11:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

moneypenny where abouts on the gold coast coast do you live?
i WOULD LIKE to be close to amenities but quiet enough to escape traffic and busy.
gary
Old Aug 25th 2009, 12:11 am
Banned

swigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to all

moneypenny where abouts on the gold coast coast do you live?
i WOULD LIKE to be close to amenities but quiet enough to escape traffic and busy.
gary
Hi Gary, I recently joined NSW amb. Started in March and as the financial year ends at July I got full Family Tax benefit and rent assistance. From July though based an Ambos wage, Family tax benefit down to $100 per fortnight and no rent assistance. As said earlier, the wages as an ambo are not considered LOW but cost of renting is high in comparison to UK. You should see Sydney prices!!