Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rent Now Or Later...

Rent Now Or Later...

Old Jan 7th 2006, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

SBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud of
Default Rent Now Or Later...

Hello folks
Right to the people who rent/rented...Is it a known fact,are you best setting up a rented accomodation before you go ie real estate sites etc OR has any1 done that and arrived in the area and thought...Crap,we should have waited as they've found better houses???..we hope to find abode around Mooloolaba,Buderim or Maroochydore if thats any help...hope you can help..Ta
Old Jan 7th 2006, 8:32 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rent Now Or Later...

Originally Posted by SBUK
Hello folks
Right to the people who rent/rented...Is it a known fact,are you best setting up a rented accomodation before you go ie real estate sites etc OR has any1 done that and arrived in the area and thought...Crap,we should have waited as they've found better houses???..we hope to find abode around Mooloolaba,Buderim or Maroochydore if thats any help...hope you can help..Ta
We have three young kids so for us it was important to know that we had a roof over our heads from the minute we landed so we organised a holiday let from the UK to see us through our first few weeks. This also meant that we didn't have to "camp" in an empty property whilst we were waiting for our container / furniture to arrive and it also gave us long enough to traipse round the suburbs we were interested in and actually see what we were committing to longer term.

Good luck with your move.

Binbird
Old Jan 9th 2006, 12:21 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Yeah I`d go with Binbird. Do a search for some self-catering places.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 1:24 am
ピーター及びクレア

PWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant future

Hello folks
We spent a couple of weeks here http://www.eloueratower.com.au/ when we first arrived. I can't remember exactly what we paid, but it was very reasonable and the people were friendly and helpful.

It's right in the the middle of Maroochydore, if there is such a thing, and about 3 seconds from the beach. We would definitely recommend it to anyone.

Cheers.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 1:33 am
ABCDiamond

I agree with Binbird aswell. Furnished accomodation for a few weeks while you check out the normal rentals. Until you see it yourself, you really don't know what it will be like.

These furnished rentals can be found from about $300 per week for small 2 bed places for 13 week agreements, and from about $650 per week for 3 or 4 bed houses for single week periods. (I'm going on prices in my area, other areas may differ)

Old Jan 9th 2006, 3:18 am
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute

Hello folks

we stayed in holiday rental when first arrived in caloundra - about 20k from maroochydore - and enjoyed not having to worry about property/container till we had a look around, finally settled on pelican waters but made mistake of taking a fantastic rental without our container thinking it would follow in days - it actually took weeks but we'd already committed to the rental. definitely stay put till your furniture is literally on the doorstep!

we just got another holiday rental cos now moving from rental to bought property and paid around 600 per week for Golden Beach front. for long term rentals you can land anything decent from 250 or top end for about 450 - check out realestate.com.au and you can search easily - good luck!
Old Jan 9th 2006, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

I am just going to see what is available when I turn up, but then again there are only two of us travelling (no kids). I have booked into a holiday let for the first week and will see what is available then.

SS

Last edited by SuperSeagulls; Jan 9th 2006 at 7:09 am.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 7:08 am
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

i agree and all being well thats what we will do treat the first couple of weeks as a hol so we can do a proper search

good luck whatever you decide

jan xx