Wikiposts

Rent or Buy

Old Feb 9th 2007, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

thepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nice
Question Rent or Buy

Hi All,

We are on the move to brissie in a few months and we are wondering if all the stories about how hard it is to find rentals in brissie has some truth to it.

The other thing is if you have got some cash for a deposit would it be wiser to just look at buying a property and save the hassle of renting. As I used to live in brissie I have a fair amount of knowledge on different areas to look at so thats not so much of a problem when looking for somewhere, although in the 8 years since I have been here I am sure there will be some changes that have gone on but have some friends and family there that could be a bit helpful.

How easy is it to get a mortgage if you have job offer but not started it. We will have $15,000 for a deposit will this be enough for a deposit?

Tracey x
Old Feb 9th 2007, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

thepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nice
Default Re: Rent or Buy

anyone got any advice?

john
Old Feb 9th 2007, 9:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

All I can say is that when we arrived, we were sure that we wanted to be near my family. They all went on about how lvely it was etc.

We decided to rent for the first year, due to licencing and all that sort of stuff. After 7 months of living in a rental, just round the corner from my Aunt I can honestly say that I can wait to move from here.

Yes it's nice, but it's just not what WE wanted out of this move. I would strongly suggest that you rent first, then at least you have time to evaluate where you are and decide if it's right for YOU.

It's not cheap buying and selling houses here, so it's not something that should be rushed into
Old Feb 9th 2007, 11:24 pm
him
token local

him has a spectacular aura abouthim has a spectacular aura abouthim has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by thepomandozzy
anyone got any advice?

john
get a rental so that you have time and less pressure to buy.
Also gives you a better chance of getting the RIGHT house.