Rent A Bomb

Old Apr 20th 2007, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

devilishdean will become famous soon enoughdevilishdean will become famous soon enough
Default Rent A Bomb

Thinking of renting a car for a couple of weeks when we arrive on 3rd of May.
Found Rent A Bomb at Brisbane airport anyone used them before?
They seem cheap and the age of the car doesnt really bother me much.
Thanks
Andy
Old Apr 20th 2007, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

Cambridge runner is just really niceCambridge runner is just really niceCambridge runner is just really niceCambridge runner is just really niceCambridge runner is just really niceCambridge runner is just really niceCambridge runner is just really niceCambridge runner is just really niceCambridge runner is just really niceCambridge runner is just really niceCambridge runner is just really nice
Default Re: Rent A Bomb

Hi
We used them (in Melbourne) when we first arrived. We had an automatic Toyota Corolla which was about 20 years old. It didn't have aircon but if you drove fast with the windows open - it was fine It was great and saved us a fortune compared to having a new car. Who cares what it looks like as long as it goes??!
Good luck
Old Apr 20th 2007, 11:59 pm
The Murphsters

The Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to all

Rent A Bomb???

Probably not a good idea to discuss your hire car while walking through LAX then, you will probably wake up in Cuba.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 2:15 am
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by devilishdean
Thanks
Andy
I doubt very much if they will actually be in the airport will probably be nearer Brisbane somewhere and yes cheap car hire usually means old cars. Would not do it myself personally as i would want my family to be safe and secure in a modern airbagged car and when u drive on the roads over here you will understand WHY!
Regards
Raven
Old Apr 21st 2007, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

cra1gm is an unknown quantity at this point

they are about 10 mins away from the airport on kingsford smith drive
Old Apr 21st 2007, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

We hired a car from rent a bomb for some people who came over to see us. The car lasted the 3 weeks they were here but it was a right state. Think it had done the trip around oz several times but as i said did its job
Old Apr 21st 2007, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

InBetween is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by devilishdean
Thanks
Andy
Yeah - the rented an old Chrysler from them - the wheel fell off on approach to the toll on the Gateway Bridge !! - it has to be said that they were pretty good when I called them, and they were quick to react and get me another Banger !
Old Apr 21st 2007, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

Location: Originally Reading - now the Beautiful Central Coast!
MurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really nice

Hello

We rented from Rent-a-Bomb in Melbourne in February this year when we were out there and the car was great. Rented the Aussie equivalent of the Kia Sedona - can't remember what it's called in Australia - 7 seats, air conditioning - lucky though it was only a year old. Drove down to bottom of Victoria in in to Philip Island and then up the coast all the way to Sydney then up to the Central Coast and then we flew home from Sydney and my sister and her OH drove it back down to Melbourne - no problems whatsoever.

Tracy
Old Apr 21st 2007, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

devilishdean will become famous soon enoughdevilishdean will become famous soon enough

these old bangers sound ok to me. I will only be knipping from garage to garage until i buy my own bomb.