Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Renewing Passports in Oz

Renewing Passports in Oz

Old Mar 27th 2005, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

gdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to all
Default Renewing Passports in Oz

Hi

my husband has an Australian and a British passport, but we've just noticed the British one is almost out-of-date!

Can anyone advise the best way of renewing the passport whilst still in Oz?

Thanks
Old Mar 27th 2005, 10:15 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewing Passports in Oz

Originally Posted by gdcollectables
Hi

my husband has an Australian and a British passport, but we've just noticed the British one is almost out-of-date!

Can anyone advise the best way of renewing the passport whilst still in Oz?

Thanks
Yep., can help you with that. check out this website:

http://bhc.britaus.net/default.asp
Old Mar 27th 2005, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

gdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to all

Hi

thank you Kiwichild!

$147 + $11 Could be much worse though!
Old Mar 27th 2005, 11:47 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

thank you Kiwichild!

$147 + $11 Could be much worse though!
You're welcome. $147 seems a bit rough though
Old Mar 27th 2005, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

My Australian niece bought a new passport recently - I can't remember how much it cost but I think it cost a lot more!
Old Mar 27th 2005, 12:59 pm
Banned

My Australian niece bought a new passport recently - I can't remember how much it cost but I think it cost a lot more!
Unbelievable. Bloody robbery by these governments when you stop and think what you get for your money: a small very hardcovered book with a few pages in it and a photo you have to pay for!
Old Mar 28th 2005, 11:48 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

The costs are pretty much the same , give or take a few $$
The Australian passport is just a tiny bit more expensive by only $3

Australian passport fees:

$150 standard passport and service ( children and seniors are cheaper)

$213 for priority service , which I paid as I was flying out in a few days time when I applied for mine .$426 just for two measly passports which we had to get to enter and leave the country

photograph is free ( minus the cost of a sheet of glossy photo paper) if you do it yourself - digital camera and a computer/printer - and they are acceptable for Aus passports. Our photos we took and printed them out ourselves.

Fees for the Australian passports:
http://www.passports.gov.au/Web/Queries/fees.aspx

Old Mar 28th 2005, 11:55 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

4 photos across and 2 down on a standard 6x4 print (can be done for 30C) will give you 8 photos.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 12:03 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

And make sure you show your ears if you do them yourself, no kidding lol

My first pics were not acceptable as my hair was covering my ears , fussy b*ggers! ( hubby's was ok - he has short hair) . I had a phone call from the passport office and had to drop some more in.

Read the passport form carefully about the photo requirements.( although it didn't say that about ears on the application form I don't think). They just had it in for me
Old Mar 29th 2005, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

My first pics were not acceptable as my hair was covering my ears , fussy b*ggers! ( hubby's was ok - he has short hair) . I had a phone call from the passport office and had to drop some more in.

Read the passport form carefully about the photo requirements.( although it didn't say that about ears on the application form I don't think). They just had it in for me

Lol! Don't know what to say!!!
Old Mar 29th 2005, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

CornishPasty is on a distinguished road

I got my new UK passport back from Canberra today, it was actually quite quick......considering the fact i forgot to send the photo's with the initial application.........and my old passport!

I didnt sent my old passport as it had my PR visa in it, however they told me I still had to send it for it to be cancelled. I got it back today with the new one and a letter in it saying I can have a new PR visa put in my new passport (for a fee) or carry my old passport when travelling as it is still valid.

Passport request sent 1st March, called on 11th about photos, sent photos and passport 17th, got it back today. I think it would have take about 2 weeks if I didnt forget to send half the stuff!

Lol! Don't know what to say!!!
Old Mar 29th 2005, 12:38 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the timeline there - I need to send mine off for renewal shortly, and without a driving licence I shall be struggling for ID.........you know what its like here, you need ID to breathe!
Glad to hear its a quick turnaround at present
Old Mar 30th 2005, 2:04 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Thanks for the timeline there - I need to send mine off for renewal shortly, and without a driving licence I shall be struggling for ID.........you know what its like here, you need ID to breathe!
Pollyana, haven't you got an 18 plus card yet? It is worth getting one, as you need Aus photo Id for most things here.
This is what I and my hubby used for ID before we had Qld licenses ( QLD only - NSW has age limits on theirs apparently unlike here). It is just as acceptable for ID as a driving licence is, holds the same "power" ( except for driving that is) . You get them in Qld transport offices, just take your passport, some utility bills etc ( to prove you are a Qld resident) - they take your photo there, and will give you a 18 card within minutes. Costs $21
It is what we used for years for ID before getting Aus licenses

http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/qt/f...5?OpenDocument

Last edited by Ceri; Mar 30th 2005 at 2:19 am.
Old Mar 30th 2005, 2:31 am
Forum Regular

CornishPasty is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I didnt have to send any ID (I did send down a copy of my lease and a bank statement), other than my old Passport to be replaced and a JP signing the forms and photos were requested.

I stuggled finding someone I knew for 2 years....but thankfully a girl I met in the UK 3/4 years ago had moved back to brissy and she was a JP.
Old Mar 30th 2005, 2:53 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CornishPasty

I stuggled finding someone I knew for 2 years....but thankfully a girl I met in the UK 3/4 years ago had moved back to brissy and she was a JP.
If you haven't been in Australia for 2 years normally the British authorities should be flexible on the 2 year requirement provided it's a person of professional standing.

Jeremy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.