Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Renewing British passport-what happens about the visa????

Renewing British passport-what happens about the visa????

Old Sep 12th 2005, 4:10 am
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

philian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the rough
Question Renewing British passport-what happens about the visa????

I know this question will have been done to death but my passport (British) has expired-do I need to submit the new one (when it arrives) to immigration for another sticker? Bit stressed as I thought the thing expired next year so I'm fretting in case I need to go back to the UK in a hurry and I don't have a valid passport/visa!

thanks,

Phil x
Old Sep 12th 2005, 4:24 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewing British passport-what happens about the visa????

Originally Posted by philian4
I know this question will have been done to death but my passport (British) has expired-do I need to submit the new one (when it arrives) to immigration for another sticker? Bit stressed as I thought the thing expired next year so I'm fretting in case I need to go back to the UK in a hurry and I don't have a valid passport/visa!

thanks,

Phil x
Renew your passport and just carry both when travelling. Happens to lots of us till we get organised enough to do the Aus one. They do not issue another visa just for new passports.

Cheers
Old Sep 12th 2005, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

bussie is on a distinguished road

my passport ran out whilst i was in the uk and i renewed it

just take the old passport with the visa in it along to customs when you try to enter australia again along with the new passport

just because the passport has expired it doesnt mean the visa has
Old Sep 12th 2005, 4:39 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bussie
my passport ran out whilst i was in the uk and i renewed it

just take the old passport with the visa in it along to customs when you try to enter australia again along with the new passport

just because the passport has expired it doesnt mean the visa has
hi there, where is the passport office here, we have been here 10 months, my little boys ran out in April, how do i go about renewing it. Denise
Old Sep 12th 2005, 5:01 am
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

philian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Renewing British passport-what happens about the visa????

Thanks for all the replies I knew the visa was OK just didn't fancy being sent back the the UK cos I hadn't done everything properly!!!
British emabassy in Canberra. they say it's taking about 3 weeks at the moment.

Phil x
Old Sep 12th 2005, 11:34 am
Sydney- North Shore

jjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by philian4
Thanks for all the replies I knew the visa was OK just didn't fancy being sent back the the UK cos I hadn't done everything properly!!!
British emabassy in Canberra. they say it's taking about 3 weeks at the moment.

Phil x
if you are already in australia then you can just go into any dimia office and they will print you a new sticker free of charge. no appointment necessary just turn up, take a deli countr style ticket and then wait for your turn....

In sydney dimia office is next to central station. This is what i did when i got my passposrt renewed onshore
Old Sep 12th 2005, 11:38 am
Sydney- North Shore

jjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by cranni
hi there, where is the passport office here, we have been here 10 months, my little boys ran out in April, how do i go about renewing it. Denise
Hi Denise,

I was in Bunbury myself the day after the big storm the other month... have they moved that washed up boat off the beach yet?

To renew your son's passport look at this link... it is all done by mail to Canberra

http://bhc.britaus.net/Passports/passportsdefault.asp

Cheers

Jonathan

Last edited by jjonboy; Sep 12th 2005 at 11:41 am.
Old Sep 13th 2005, 3:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: Renewing British passport-what happens about the visa????

Hi Phil !
My son's passport needs renewing.I have printed forms off and have decided not to have visa put into his new one. What did you decide to do ?
Have you had problems finding someone to sign your photos ? I'm hoping to get in touch with an ex-collegue who I worked with for 10 years and is now living in the next suburb. What does everyone else do for verification of photos ?
Like you said, I know this has all been asked before ....BUT ! Glad you posted this.
Speak to you soon (hopefully),
All the best,
Tass.x
Old Sep 13th 2005, 3:11 am
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

Talking Re: Renewing British passport-what happens about the visa????

Originally Posted by Tass
Hi Phil !
My son's passport needs renewing.I have printed forms off and have decided not to have visa put into his new one. What did you decide to do ?
Have you had problems finding someone to sign your photos ? I'm hoping to get in touch with an ex-collegue who I worked with for 10 years and is now living in the next suburb. What does everyone else do for verification of photos ?
Like you said, I know this has all been asked before ....BUT ! Glad you posted this.
Speak to you soon (hopefully),
All the best,
Tass.x

hi Tass,

housebound with sick kids for the past 5 weeks (not kidding). Hence clearing and sorting and noticed the expired passport!! Promise we'll arrange a meet up soon.

Think I will get my 'deli style' ticket at DIMIA and get the visa in the new one-can't cope with the hassle of having to keep old and new passports on me-bound to lose one in a senior moment!!!!

thanks everyone!!

Phil x
Old Sep 13th 2005, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tass

I sent the form and photos back to a teacher friend in the UK.