Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Renewing british passport from Australia

Renewing british passport from Australia

Old Sep 21st 2009, 4:39 am
Just Joined

traceyella is a name known to alltraceyella is a name known to alltraceyella is a name known to alltraceyella is a name known to alltraceyella is a name known to alltraceyella is a name known to alltraceyella is a name known to alltraceyella is a name known to alltraceyella is a name known to alltraceyella is a name known to alltraceyella is a name known to all
Default Renewing british passport from Australia

Hi does anyone have any idea how this can be done here in australia, i want to go to bali in august next year for my 40th (omg) i'm getting old, but my little boys passport runs out in june next year.
Hope someone can help me thanks Trace x
Old Sep 21st 2009, 4:41 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewing british passport from Australia

Originally Posted by traceyella
Hi does anyone have any idea how this can be done here in australia,
British High Commission?
Old Sep 21st 2009, 4:43 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi does anyone have any idea how this can be done here in australia, i want to go to bali in august next year for my 40th (omg) i'm getting old, but my little boys passport runs out in june next year.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=609751
Old Sep 21st 2009, 4:44 am
Just Joined

traceyella is a name known to alltraceyella is a name known to alltraceyella is a name known to alltraceyella is a name known to alltraceyella is a name known to alltraceyella is a name known to alltraceyella is a name known to alltraceyella is a name known to alltraceyella is a name known to alltraceyella is a name known to alltraceyella is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JAJ
British High Commission?
Thanks but have read somewhere that from this june year british passports can be done at post-office is this correct do you know?

Last edited by traceyella; Sep 21st 2009 at 4:45 am. Reason: word missed out
Old Sep 21st 2009, 4:48 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks but have read somewhere that from this june year british passports can be done at post-office is this correct do you know?
Post office just sends to High Commission ...

Make sure you all have valid re-entry visas.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 6:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Santa is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to behold

I'm just going through this at the moment. I contacted Australia Post, they will tell you which Post Offices offer the passport service. You will need to download the passport forms from the High Commission website, get them filled out and attent the Post Office. You can represent yourself and your dependents but you cannot represent another adult, they will need to attend as well.
Our re-entry visa's have expired, new ones now cost $260 per visa. I contacted DIMA and they told me which forms to download, then you either send your application by post or attend your local DIMA office.

Once you've worked out how much it all costs you might well decide to visit Broome instead !
Old Sep 21st 2009, 8:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Santa
I'm just going through this at the moment. I contacted Australia Post, they will tell you which Post Offices offer the passport service. You will need to download the passport forms from the High Commission website, get them filled out and attent the Post Office. You can represent yourself and your dependents but you cannot represent another adult, they will need to attend as well.
Our re-entry visa's have expired, new ones now cost $260 per visa. I contacted DIMA and they told me which forms to download, then you either send your application by post or attend your local DIMA office.

Once you've worked out how much it all costs you might well decide to visit Broome instead !
Thanks santa, i've just been to my local post office all she said was we don't do it here and to contact the embassy helpfull (not) lol no rush thank god it doesn't expire till june 2010 so have time on my side, our visa is a sub class 136 and states on it permitted to remain in australia indefinitely so hopefully shouldn't have any hassle with that one.
Thanks again Trace
Old Sep 21st 2009, 9:09 am
In melbourne

silver has a brilliant futuresilver has a brilliant futuresilver has a brilliant futuresilver has a brilliant futuresilver has a brilliant futuresilver has a brilliant futuresilver has a brilliant future

Thanks santa, i've just been to my local post office all she said was we don't do it here and to contact the embassy helpfull (not) lol no rush thank god it doesn't expire till june 2010 so have time on my side, our visa is a sub class 136 and states on it permitted to remain in australia indefinitely so hopefully shouldn't have any hassle with that one.
Thanks again Trace
With the 136 you still need to check when its valid for re-entry until. Otherwise you need a returning residents visa to re-enter.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 9:09 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

See the thread to which I posted the link above- that explains the long-winded and badly thought-out process of using Aus Post.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 9:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, not all post offices do it but you can ONLY do it at Post Offices these days. Apparently they all go to NZ for renewals now and the BHC in Canberra just does visas.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 9:42 am
Just Joined

bluelines is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by quoll
Yup, not all post offices do it but you can ONLY do it at Post Offices these days. Apparently they all go to NZ for renewals now and the BHC in Canberra just does visas.
This link (should) help:

http://ukinaustralia.fco.gov.uk/reso...ssport-service

As above, you haveto go through Australia Post now. List of Post Offices: (Select applications and form lodgement 'British Passport Application'

http://apps.nowwhere.com.au/austpost...r/default.aspx
Old Sep 21st 2009, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=how+do+I+re...t+in+australia

Cheers

Steve
Old Sep 21st 2009, 9:57 pm
Home and Happy

There's a sticky thread in this forum which explains the new process and has the link to the High COmmission website