Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Renewal of UK Passports in OZ.

Renewal of UK Passports in OZ.

Old Jul 15th 2009, 12:04 am
heading back to oz..again

collybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Renewal of UK Passports in OZ.

hi does anyone know how long it takes for a passport to arrive, we sent the application off a week ago and yesterday i booked our flights to the uk completely forgetting that we havent got passport yet, i know, how stupid am i, i'll blame it on being pregnant lol, we fly in less than 4 weeks do u reckon we will get it in time it was only a renewal, thanks
Old Jul 17th 2009, 7:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by collybabe24
hi does anyone know how long it takes for a passport to arrive, we sent the application off a week ago and yesterday i booked our flights to the uk completely forgetting that we havent got passport yet, i know, how stupid am i, i'll blame it on being pregnant lol, we fly in less than 4 weeks do u reckon we will get it in time it was only a renewal, thanks
Old Jul 18th 2009, 1:25 am

collybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Les Avalook
lol after posting my previous post we recieved the passport yesterday after 1 week and 5 days woo hoo
Old Jul 18th 2009, 5:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by collybabe24
lol after posting my previous post we recieved the passport yesterday after 1 week and 5 days woo hoo

That is really good news, while your luck is running I would get some lottery tickets
Old Jul 18th 2009, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by Les Avalook
That is really good news, while your luck is running I would get some lottery tickets
lol, nah i never win its a waste of money
Old Aug 11th 2009, 2:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to all

Okay so who can i use as a person to countersign? Must be Oz resident of standing and have known me for 2 years ???? !!!!!
Help !!
Sunbound
Old Aug 13th 2009, 5:14 am
Just Joined

buzzer has a brilliant futurebuzzer has a brilliant futurebuzzer has a brilliant futurebuzzer has a brilliant futurebuzzer has a brilliant futurebuzzer has a brilliant futurebuzzer has a brilliant future

Hi Guys,

just a thought....

my 4 kids passports are about to expire. I was thinking of going over to UK on my own (thanks to the air asia flight sale!) and renewing them, as I think it will be cheaper that way.

BUT - do they have to be present when I renew them? 2 kids will now be classed as adults by the way

Toni
Old Aug 18th 2009, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

UK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to all

Hi there, i have just sent off hubbies passport to the British High Commission in Canberra and wondered if anyone knows how long it takes to get a british passport back? He is just renewing an expired one. I say JUST renewing.....$279!!!! Jeeeez
Old Aug 18th 2009, 11:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

micmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by UK2Perth
Hi there, i have just sent off hubbies passport to the British High Commission in Canberra and wondered if anyone knows how long it takes to get a british passport back? He is just renewing an expired one. I say JUST renewing.....$279!!!! Jeeeez
Sent OH's passport off for renewal on 21 Jan returned on 18 Feb.

Mx
Old Aug 18th 2009, 11:37 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Can you still send them directly? I thought they now had to go through Australia Post (with additional unecessary expense)...

S
Old Aug 19th 2009, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

UK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Can you still send them directly? I thought they now had to go through Australia Post (with additional unecessary expense)...

S
I took it to a post office to get the money order drawn up, they only charged me $1.10 for the postage?????
Old Aug 19th 2009, 5:29 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

I took it to a post office to get the money order drawn up, they only charged me $1.10 for the postage?????
Have a look here:

UK in Australia - Passports

Please note that from 15 June 2009 postal applications will not be accepted in Canberra and will be returned.

Looks like your application will be returned, and you now have to go through this ridiculous checking system at Aus Post...

S
Old Aug 19th 2009, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Have a look here:

UK in Australia - Passports

Please note that from 15 June 2009 postal applications will not be accepted in Canberra and will be returned.

Looks like your application will be returned, and you now have to go through this ridiculous checking system at Aus Post...

S
Oh my god, why didn't they tell me this at the post office when she looked at it???!!!!! I need it back ASAP so we can apply for our PR!
Old Aug 19th 2009, 11:21 pm
has lost The Game

Oh my god, why didn't they tell me this at the post office when she looked at it???!!!!! I need it back ASAP so we can apply for our PR!
I think this new system is going to cause a lot of people to commit passport 'fraud' and apply for passports in the UK using relatives and friends as points of contact.

The massive additional expense and waiting times this new system incurs are going to be a big put off.

As for you, I guess you will just have to wait to have it returned to you, unless they nicely pass it on themselves. I suspect that they will tell you that you should have read the website first, and I don't think that the average Australia Post employee will be up to speed with the latest policy of the British High Commission...

S
Old Aug 20th 2009, 5:07 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Australia Post aren't renowned for their helpfulness

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.