Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Renewal of UK Passports in OZ.

Renewal of UK Passports in OZ.

Old Aug 30th 2010, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

stellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nice
Default Re: Renewal of UK Passports in OZ.

Hi all

We have been in Perth 6 months and I have booked a xmas break. I have just noticed that when we travel my daughters passport will have just under 6 months validity. Damn (we may get away with it)???

So, to be safe as we don't go for 3 months I am going to renew her passport.

Do I need to have any countersignatures for the app. In her 1st passport she is a baby so has now changed appearance.. Thoughts? Or would auspost help decide this? I am just thinking there is no way I should have to get signatures from uk for my 4 year old renewal as we only been here 6 months!! Right?

And just to confirm, new zeland do all the processing for renewals in oz? (Just checking I have the right forms)

I am tempted to risk it and deal with next year but do not want any problems when landing in bali!!

Cheers
Stellaman
Old Aug 30th 2010, 1:31 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stellaman
Hi all

We have been in Perth 6 months and I have booked a xmas break. I have just noticed that when we travel my daughters passport will have just under 6 months validity. Damn (we may get away with it)???

So, to be safe as we don't go for 3 months I am going to renew her passport.

Do I need to have any countersignatures for the app. In her 1st passport she is a baby so has now changed appearance.. Thoughts? Or would auspost help decide this? I am just thinking there is no way I should have to get signatures from uk for my 4 year old renewal as we only been here 6 months!! Right?

And just to confirm, new zeland do all the processing for renewals in oz? (Just checking I have the right forms)

I am tempted to risk it and deal with next year but do not want any problems when landing in bali!!

Cheers
Stellaman
Definitely do it, its not worth the risk with less than 6 months validity. It has to go via Aus Post to New Zealand, thats correct. If she has changed appearance you should get it counter-signed, but there is a way to do it when you haven't known anyone for 2 years - you take it to a JP or similar and they can verify the identity of the child as per the wording on this form - which is the Chcklist for Renewals.
http://ukinnewzealand.fco.gov.uk/res...newingPassport
Old Aug 30th 2010, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

stellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Definitely do it, its not worth the risk with less than 6 months validity. It has to go via Aus Post to New Zealand, thats correct. If she has changed appearance you should get it counter-signed, but there is a way to do it when you haven't known anyone for 2 years - you take it to a JP or similar and they can verify the identity of the child as per the wording on this form - which is the Chcklist for Renewals.

Thanks for clarifying and pointing me to the link.. I will take the nipper and forms/pics to the police station to get signed!
Old Aug 30th 2010, 11:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

I am assuming that they also transfer here visa sticker over into her passport at the same. I.e no hidden $$$ charges for that???
Old Aug 31st 2010, 4:41 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I am assuming that they also transfer here visa sticker over into her passport at the same. I.e no hidden $$$ charges for that???
No, as thats nothing to do with the UK passport. You need to take both passports to your local DIAC office and they will put a sticker in the new one - the good news is that its free
Old Aug 31st 2010, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

Tellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really nice

No, as thats nothing to do with the UK passport. You need to take both passports to your local DIAC office and they will put a sticker in the new one - the good news is that its free
Hi Pollyanna

I can't take both passports to the DIAC office as I sent their originals off and don't think that I get them back. How will I prove that they need the visa sticker?
Old Aug 31st 2010, 10:32 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by NiknAid
Hi Pollyanna

I can't take both passports to the DIAC office as I sent their originals off and don't think that I get them back. How will I prove that they need the visa sticker?
You ought to get them back, especially as the visa is in them. If they don't DIAC will still have the details on file but I don't know if they will want more proof of identity. Lots of people have asked on here about getting new stickers and I think they have all had their old passports back - the corner gets cut off so its clearly not usable.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

Tellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really nice

You ought to get them back, especially as the visa is in them. If they don't DIAC will still have the details on file but I don't know if they will want more proof of identity. Lots of people have asked on here about getting new stickers and I think they have all had their old passports back - the corner gets cut off so its clearly not usable.
Oh okay, thank you
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 5:11 am
BE Enthusiast

ianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud of

Our friends are over on a 457 visa and have just had a baby. She has been to apply for a UK passport for him today taking the babys Birth Certificate, both the parents original birth certificates and the application signed by an expat British Citizen and she has been turned away because they said they need both their parents marriage certificates also.

Is that right what has the grandparents marriage certificates got to do with anything
Old Sep 9th 2010, 3:37 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ianhutch1
Our friends are over on a 457 visa and have just had a baby. She has been to apply for a UK passport for him today taking the babys Birth Certificate, both the parents original birth certificates and the application signed by an expat British Citizen and she has been turned away because they said they need both their parents marriage certificates also.

Is that right what has the grandparents marriage certificates got to do with anything
Are we talking about parent's marriage certificate or grandparents? Either way, I see no reason why one would be needed. If either parent is a British citizen otherwise than by descent then the child is British. Documents needed for children born on or after 1 July 2006 outside the UK explained here:
http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/help-fo...port-documents

If this persists, a formal complaint will be required.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 5:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi... right then I have all the docs done for my Daughter (4 years) and I have an appt for the passport send off!!

Does she need to be there in person for the passport interview with Aus post?

Anyone remember?
Old Sep 13th 2010, 12:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi... right then I have all the docs done for my Daughter (4 years) and I have an appt for the passport send off!!

Does she need to be there in person for the passport interview with Aus post?

Anyone remember?

Well I took her on sat morning and she was not required to be there in person! Little monkey!

Anyway $202 and 15mins of checking it was sent off to get renewed.... So we shall see how long it takes.

Need to now find the address/link to get the visa swapped over when it gets back!
Old Sep 13th 2010, 4:43 am
Home and Happy

Well I took her on sat morning and she was not required to be there in person! Little monkey!

Anyway $202 and 15mins of checking it was sent off to get renewed.... So we shall see how long it takes.

Need to now find the address/link to get the visa swapped over when it gets back!
Simple as taking both passports to your local DIAC office and they will put a new sticker in for you.

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/australia/
Old Sep 13th 2010, 5:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Simple as taking both passports to your local DIAC office and they will put a new sticker in for you.

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/australia/

Excellent thanks!! ... nice that I wont have to send it off again then..
Old Sep 20th 2010, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

I am taking the forms for the kids to the post office tomorrow for checking and sending. I see that I need to take original birth, marriage certs etc. Do they get sent off with the application or are they just sighted by the post office staff?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.