Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Removals, Who did you use?

Removals, Who did you use?

Old Apr 24th 2005, 8:30 pm
Visa Granted 20 Jan 05

bert-doozer is on a distinguished road
Default Removals, Who did you use?

For all you peeps who have already moved out to Oz, Who did you use for removals & what was their service like?

Stu & Lorraine
Old Apr 24th 2005, 8:49 pm
NAC
BE Enthusiast

NAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Removals, Who did you use?

Originally Posted by bert-doozer
For all you peeps who have already moved out to Oz, Who did you use for removals & what was their service like?

Stu & Lorraine

I know this isn't really answering your question but I would like to hear from anyone who has used or knows of Interdean Interconex! Did have a thread about this earlier but nobody had used them. They are meant to be one of the worlds largest relocation companies but I think most of their work has been corporate. Anyway, apologies for barging in
Carolyn
Old Apr 24th 2005, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

Greigrob is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by NAC
I know this isn't really answering your question but I would like to hear from anyone who has used or knows of Interdean Interconex! Did have a thread about this earlier but nobody had used them. They are meant to be one of the worlds largest relocation companies but I think most of their work has been corporate. Anyway, apologies for barging in
Carolyn
Have not used them...but we were at a seminar organised through our agent on saturday and a rep from interdean was there, he was speaking about the service that they provide. They do a lot of corporate stuff but also do private. The sales pitch seemed pretty good, the services they provide include : packing, shipping, unpacking at the other end, meet and greet...etc.

Have you checked out their web site. www.interdeaninterconex.com

Greig
Old Apr 24th 2005, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

MarkandJulie will become famous soon enoughMarkandJulie will become famous soon enough

Stu & Lorraine

Hi,

We used Crown Relocations. They were not the cheapest quote, but they impressed us very much and we felt it was worth paying the extra.
They did everything they said they would do, exactly when they said they would do it. No complaints at all. Would certainly recommend them and use them again. They advised us what not to take and what (and how) to clean other items that might be a problem with quarantine. Everything went through, no problems. Also, they have an office in Brisbane which was comforting to know we could go and see them anytime if there was a problem rather than trying to call UK or deal with an agent here.
Old Apr 24th 2005, 11:21 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Grace Removals handle a lot of their shipments in Australia, we send a lot of shipments to Alice Springs for the US military [pine gap] if the military use them they must be good, from what i have seen they know their stuff.............. mm
Old Apr 25th 2005, 6:32 am
NAC
BE Enthusiast

NAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Greigrob
Have not used them...but we were at a seminar organised through our agent on saturday and a rep from interdean was there, he was speaking about the service that they provide. They do a lot of corporate stuff but also do private. The sales pitch seemed pretty good, the services they provide include : packing, shipping, unpacking at the other end, meet and greet...etc.

Have you checked out their web site. www.interdeaninterconex.com

Greig
Hi Greig, take it you must be using the same Agent as us! That's where I heard about them - at the seminar on Saturday I also thought they came across as very professional but I just wish I could hear from someone who has actually used them. I've personally never heard of them before.
Carolyn
Old Apr 25th 2005, 8:41 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be a bit concerned at the fact that their website doesn't seem to mention Australia......
Old Apr 25th 2005, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

Secretsquirral has a spectacular aura aboutSecretsquirral has a spectacular aura aboutSecretsquirral has a spectacular aura about

Stu & Lorraine

We used John Mason and would highly recommend them. They also were the cheapest quote we had, but most companies will price match anyway.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 10:16 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I'd be a bit concerned at the fact that their website doesn't seem to mention Australia......
ITS ok polly they only use Reputable companies, Grace,Wridgways, Allied pickfords..................... mm
Old Apr 25th 2005, 10:33 pm
Visa Granted 20 Jan 05

bert-doozer is on a distinguished road

Quick bump for all you waking up to a new day in Oz

Stu