Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Removals - what do you wish you had left at home?

Wikiposts

Removals - what do you wish you had left at home?

Old Oct 16th 2006, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Removals - what do you wish you had left at home?

Don't remind me how hard it is shopping with kids :scared:
and we only had to buy a few things.

Originally Posted by northernbird
I say bring the lot too. Its OK buying new but it takes time and money. Not sure if you have children or not but try shopping for furnishings and the like whilst dragging 2 kids around the shops, nightmare.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

I wish we'd decluttered the loft more but that's about it ! As for what I wish I'd brought - my sofa (you forget that it has to be ordered when you get here, we have another 7 weeks to go without one), my dyson (couldn't be bothered to clean it and have paid $700 here because of that), my cleaning cloths.

Oh no, I wish we hadn't brought our oven - all of the houses we've seen have built in ones so it's sitting in the garage !
Old Oct 16th 2006, 2:50 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sparkleauz
Hi there,

We are deciding what to take with us. There seems to be so much, goodness knows how much container space we'll need!

Those of you who have already made the move - what do you regret taking with you?
I've read that the TV may not work, mattresses are £150 to move so you may as well get one once you arrive. Is there anything else which could be a waste of time?

Cheers

Jo

My shy, retiring side...

S
Old Oct 16th 2006, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

De-clutter then bring everything, we sold loads of stuff...wish we'd shipped the lot!!

All the best
Sue x
Old Oct 16th 2006, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sparkleauz
Hi there,

We are deciding what to take with us. There seems to be so much, goodness knows how much container space we'll need!

Those of you who have already made the move - what do you regret taking with you?
I've read that the TV may not work, mattresses are £150 to move so you may as well get one once you arrive. Is there anything else which could be a waste of time?

Cheers

Jo
I think - as others may too have - if you are going to take quite a lot of stuff you may as well take it all!

The cost was around 3500 pounds to ship our stuff and to be truthful - the amount of cd's in value outwieghed the cost - let alone any of my books. Then there are the personal things like photos etc that is before you begin on furniture.