Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

removals - require feedback from those you have migrated

removals - require feedback from those you have migrated

Old Sep 24th 2003, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

keaton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default removals - require feedback from those you have migrated

'Sold' sign went up on property this morning and we're not getting quotes done for shipping.

We had two pop around yesterday or quotes but rep from John Mason seemed to be ok.

Has anyone here used John Mason and if so any good?

Any thoughts etc would be useful.

Thanks.
Old Sep 24th 2003, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

suffolkdiva is an unknown quantity at this point

If you do a search for removals, there were lots of posts a while back saying who was good etc etc.

We did this before we had quotes. Give yourself lots of time...there's plenty of posts to keep you reading!!
Old Sep 24th 2003, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by suffolkdiva
If you do a search for removals, there were lots of posts a while back saying who was good etc etc.

We did this before we had quotes. Give yourself lots of time...there's plenty of posts to keep you reading!!
Cool - we have a look see.

Cheers!
Old Sep 24th 2003, 12:11 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

well weve had crown relocations...theyve packed us up but we havent got our stuff yet...only sailed yesterday....so i'll tell ya what the other end are like later....
uk end were fandabby dosey!
Old Sep 25th 2003, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

marknclaire is an unknown quantity at this point

we sent our stuff with anglo pacific and couldnt fault them, when we picked up the stuff over here the guy at the handling dept said " your consignment was a breeze all the forms were fillled in perfectly"
Old Sep 25th 2003, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

We used John Masons and apart from underestimating how much crap we had and packing everything in sight (not their fault) - we found them very good.

Friendly and efficient.

Cheers
Diane
Old Sep 25th 2003, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the replies - very helpful!

DianeOz - you should see all the crap we got rid off whilst getting sorted for them to come and give us quotes.

You couldn't get into the garage without climbing over two piles of stuff. One pile was stuff to be junked - about 8 bin bags, 3 large boxes, 2 old suitcases. The other pile was stuff for charity which was 4 boxes of stuff, 2 bags of clothes.

If I'd planned it out I should have had all the crap at the back and the stuff to be shipped at the front so the guy could have looked at it and gone "yup - that's ok".

Just need to tell the wife that she can't take her large collection of shoes and hangbags ...
Old Sep 25th 2003, 8:28 am
IT nerd

MartinD is an unknown quantity at this point

We used John Mason and found them to be great on price and on the packing. They also got our stuff to Perth several weeks before we expected it, but part of that is just the luck of the loading I think.

We moved house recently for the third time in 2 years, and we are still using the John Mason boxes!
Old Sep 25th 2003, 9:40 am
dmf
Forum Regular

dmf will become famous soon enough

We used GB Liners. House packed up on 14th, 15th and 16th July and delivered to our house in Brisbane on 12th Sept as planned. No delays. All straight forward. Only problem we had was when the first container turned up it stank! and I mean really bad so we refused it and had to wait for another container to arrive the next day. It didn't cause any delays and the GB Liners guys were very understanding. It's an exciting day when it all arrives just as it is an emotional day when you watch that container drive down the road in UK!

Dawn
Old Sep 25th 2003, 10:21 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

just been watching the hot property prog on discovery about the couple who are building their own house, and their stuff was shipped over and I think they said it was kept in storage - thing is when they opened the container up it had leaked water and some of their belongings were mouldy. does this happen?and would you be covered by insurance?
scary how it was all just heaped up in the back of the container - I must be niave, I thought they packed it all up neatly in boxes for you!!!

sue :scared: