Reload this Page >

Removals of possessions from U.K. to Australia

Removals of possessions from U.K. to Australia

Old Sep 17th 2004, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

AliHay is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Removals of possessions from U.K. to Australia

Hi there

My husband and I are moving to Sydney in the New Year. I have had three quotes from removalists, being Britannia, Allied Pickfords and PSS. Can anyone recommend any of these? We are taking very little furniture and quite a few boxes of pictures, books, glassware and ornaments.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Alison

P.S. Any tips on selling our house. Market seems to have slowed right down!
Old Sep 17th 2004, 1:31 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Removals of possessions from U.K. to Australia

Originally Posted by AliHay
Hi there

My husband and I are moving to Sydney in the New Year. I have had three quotes from removalists, being Britannia, Allied Pickfords and PSS. Can anyone recommend any of these? We are taking very little furniture and quite a few boxes of pictures, books, glassware and ornaments.

Alison

PSS are great IMO

Britania moved our friends to Canada and it was a disaster

No ideas on house sorry

PJ
Old Sep 17th 2004, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

fangorn1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

HI Alison,

Did you find much difference in the quotes - we're moving to Sydney at the end of the year and shipping our stuff (same as you, not furniture but stuff really e.g books, glasses, ornaments) We are in the process of getting a quote from Fox - they reckon it will be about £450-500 - says they will store it this end for free until we're ready for it in Oz. Were yours much cheaper??

Hope that helps

Hi there

Alison

Old Sep 17th 2004, 1:37 pm
GLR
Forum Regular

GLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the rough

Hi Ali

We're heading to Brisbane in November and I've arranged for four movers to quote:

PSS
Allied Pickfords
Crown Relocations
John Masons

I selected the four by searching the archived messages on this site to see who received positive feedback. All of the four have received broadly positive feedback over the last couple of years. PSS in particular are a site favourite.

I suggest that you also search the archives and browse through the messages - that's the best way to find information as any question you can think of will almost certainly have been answered before! ;-)

To save Pollyanna the trouble can I advise you to tread carefully if you're considering Anglo-Pacific as they have caused serious problems in the past...

Good luck with the move

G
Old Sep 17th 2004, 2:17 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GLR
To save Pollyanna the trouble can I advise you to tread carefully if you're considering Anglo-Pacific as they have caused serious problems in the past...

Good luck with the move

G
Oh lawks, I'm famous again!!! Thanks for that - ***** ******** have provided lousy service not just to me, but to many others - there is even a link a couple of weeks ago to another forum where they are causing similar hassles. I won't touch 'em with a barge pole, and hope that flying cockroaches invest their homes.
Old Sep 17th 2004, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fangorn1987
HI Alison,

Did you find much difference in the quotes - we're moving to Sydney at the end of the year and shipping our stuff (same as you, not furniture but stuff really e.g books, glasses, ornaments) We are in the process of getting a quote from Fox - they reckon it will be about £450-500 - says they will store it this end for free until we're ready for it in Oz. Were yours much cheaper??

Hope that helps
No there wasn't much difference in the quotes. As we are taking a bit of furniture and have quite a bit of knick knacks we have almost a half a container load. Quotes have been around £2000. There was different procedures in the processing of the customs paperwork though. Britannia and Pickfords require it with the possession and PSS at the Sydney end. You must let me know how your move goes and how you settle down in Sydney. I lived most of my life in Sydney and came back to the U.K. 7 years ago. My husband is Scottish and has just got his visa approved. Looking forward to going home and seeing my mum, dad and brother.
Old Sep 17th 2004, 3:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by GLR
Hi Ali

We're heading to Brisbane in November and I've arranged for four movers to quote:

PSS
Allied Pickfords
Crown Relocations
John Masons

I selected the four by searching the archived messages on this site to see who received positive feedback. All of the four have received broadly positive feedback over the last couple of years. PSS in particular are a site favourite.

I suggest that you also search the archives and browse through the messages - that's the best way to find information as any question you can think of will almost certainly have been answered before! ;-)

Good luck with the move

G

Thanks for the tips. Will certainly have a look at the archives.
Old Sep 17th 2004, 3:24 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

No there wasn't much difference in the quotes. As we are taking a bit of furniture and have quite a bit of knick knacks we have almost a half a container load. Quotes have been around £2000. There was different procedures in the processing of the customs paperwork though. Britannia and Pickfords require it with the possession and PSS at the Sydney end. You must let me know how your move goes and how you settle down in Sydney. I lived most of my life in Sydney and came back to the U.K. 7 years ago. My husband is Scottish and has just got his visa approved. Looking forward to going home and seeing my mum, dad and brother.
Hi,

I got in crown and pss as they were the faves on this site. I found crown more helpfull then PSS

I played them against eachother on price and ended up goin from £2000 to £1700 with Crown, They came and packed it all up last week and all seems fine so far. I supose the truth will be in the pudding when i get my stuff in about 8 weeks.

Good luck
Kala
Old Sep 17th 2004, 3:25 pm
Go Banana's !!

Hi there

Alison

No, can't really but I can reccommend Crown Relocations. They have just done our house (finished yesterday) and they were brilliant. Not the cheapest but not the most expensive either.

Had one little trauma when we forgot to remove the hoover bag from the hoover and I rang them up today and they said not to worry they would go and do it now for me.......quality service !

Good luck with the house sale - have you tried changing agents and going dual agency with different areas covered by each one ? Thats what I did and although you may pay more in the end, it spreads your exposure.

Best wishes

Warren

Old Sep 17th 2004, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
No, can't really but I can reccommend Crown Relocations. They have just done our house (finished yesterday) and they were brilliant. Not the cheapest but not the most expensive either.

Had one little trauma when we forgot to remove the hoover bag from the hoover and I rang them up today and they said not to worry they would go and do it now for me.......quality service !

Good luck with the house sale - have you tried changing agents and going dual agency with different areas covered by each one ? Thats what I did and although you may pay more in the end, it spreads your exposure.

Best wishes

Warren
Hi Warren

Sounds like you all ready to go. Thanks for the tips on the agent. We will certainly look into it. We had quite a bit of interest to begin with but has slowed down completely in the last week or so. Hope everything goes well for you in OZ.

Regards Alison