Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Removals? Which One?

Wikiposts

Removals? Which One?

Old Jul 12th 2006, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Removals? Which One?

Originally Posted by Suni&Jay
Thanks, but does not take incoming calls!
Too many 8's !!

Try 020 8303 6261 - this is deffo their number, I have their quote in front of me. I spoke to Kim Stone
Old Jul 12th 2006, 10:11 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

DB were great and Grace at this end were superb. The only thing broken in all that stuff was a plastic cup!!!
Old Jul 12th 2006, 10:24 pm
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Too many 8's !!

Try 020 8303 6261 - this is deffo their number, I have their quote in front of me. I spoke to Kim Stone
Thanks, Rang their Nottingham office. Coming in on Tue.
Will let you know how we get on

Thanks

Suni
Old Jul 13th 2006, 4:02 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Removals? Which One?

Originally Posted by Suni&Jay
Thanks, Rang their Nottingham office. Coming in on Tue.
Will let you know how we get on

Thanks

Suni
I went to four websites last night and asked for home visits for quotes. You could do it online but I reckon its better if they actually see all of your stuff !! ! !

The four were John Masons, Crown, PSS and Doree Bonner.

Today I have had a call back from John Masons, 9.05am, and they are coming on the 26th of July.

Then PSS called and cannot get to us until the 3rd of August so he said we will except that our Pickfords quote was for a 20ft container and they will send us a quote based on that!

Have not heard back from the other two yet, although on all of their websites it does say it could take a couple of days.

R.
Old Jul 13th 2006, 4:36 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carruss
I went to four websites last night and asked for home visits for quotes. You could do it online but I reckon its better if they actually see all of your stuff !! ! !

The four were John Masons, Crown, PSS and Doree Bonner.

Today I have had a call back from John Masons, 9.05am, and they are coming on the 26th of July.

Then PSS called and cannot get to us until the 3rd of August so he said we will except that our Pickfords quote was for a 20ft container and they will send us a quote based on that!

Have not heard back from the other two yet, although on all of their websites it does say it could take a couple of days.

R.
For us it was like this:
Crown - very expensive, didn't come out and quoted a £1000 or more than the others!!
PSS - Quote was OK but I didn't like the bloke that came out
Masons - Quote was good, bloke was good (though not as good as Bonners)
Doree Bonner - Best quote and best bloke (I'm a poet and didn't know it)

BTW You can play Masons and bonners off against each other (save a few quid)
Old Jul 16th 2006, 2:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pete jackson
Hi there all, I know that we have asked a question like this before but here we go: We asked which removal company to use and got some great feed back, so we got quotes off pss, john masons and whites. we didnt really take to the pss man as he was very vague and the other two seemed about the same. We wanted to go with whites as recommended on the forum as being good and cheap, but after a week we had no written quote from them and had to chase them up for a price. 9 days later we have got one and its more expensive than the others and now we are thinking if they cant even get a quote out what are they going to be like moving our items?

Anyway we are now thinking that john mason is now our best bet as they phoned us straight away and gave us a good price. Does anyone have an experiences with john mason? pete
Avoid Anglo Pacific. Search threads. Lost, damaged, stolen stuff worth thousands. Insurance not honoured.
Old Jul 16th 2006, 7:43 am
Down Under

nicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud of

We used White & Co.

They were much cheaper than other quotes we received, great service packing up in the U.K. on March 20th.

In Melbourne they use a company called Movements Internation Movers to finish the job at this end. They too were great, can't fault them at all. Our stuff arrived on 14th July.

I would definitely recommend them.
Old Jul 16th 2006, 8:14 pm
tin
Brisbane bound

tin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of light

We have also been quoted by John Masons and Doree Bonner - we really liked them both although communication has been better from JM. They were quicker to quote and have been quicker to return calls - I get the impression that DB are very busy at the moment! I think either of them are a good bet though....
Cheers
Martyn
Old Oct 4th 2006, 1:11 am
BE Enthusiast

rpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by iPom
DB are meant to be excellent and I will find out for sure when my stuff arrives on Tuesday!
I know its been a while. Did everything arrive ok? we are tossing up today whether to appoint DB or Masons. Quotes similar and now looking at reputation of both.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 1:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rpa34
I know its been a while. Did everything arrive ok? we are tossing up today whether to appoint DB or Masons. Quotes similar and now looking at reputation of both.
Eventually had 5 quotes with DB and Masons being the best.

Have played them off against each other and have decided to go with DB as JM rep told me that if the ship went down and I didn't have insurance I wouuld have to pay for it. Has he never heard of Lloyds of London? What an eedjit. Woman on my own etc. Does he think I am stoopid?
Lou
Old Oct 4th 2006, 1:25 am
BE Enthusiast

rpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Louise M

Have played them off against each other and have decided to go with DB as JM rep told me that if the ship went down and I didn't have insurance I wouuld have to pay for it. Has he never heard of Lloyds of London? What an eedjit. Woman on my own etc. Does he think I am stoopid?
Lou
and was his name David?
Old Oct 4th 2006, 1:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Lou
And did it all arrive safely?
Old Oct 4th 2006, 1:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute

and was his name David?
Actually no. Why? I do have his name but I wouldn't want to embarass the poor ol' fella.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 1:32 am
BE Enthusiast

And did it all arrive safely?
Have only just chosen company and they will be here in 3 weeks. Will let you know how it goes.
Lou
Old Oct 4th 2006, 1:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Actually no. Why? I do have his name but I wouldn't want to embarass the poor ol' fella.
cos I got a silly comment from their chap in the HO too. nearly put me off totally

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.