Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Removals Insurance - Part 2 - The company info & lowdown

Removals Insurance - Part 2 - The company info & lowdown

Old Feb 23rd 2004, 9:59 am
Bloody Nice Bloke

ianj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Removals Insurance - Part 2 - The company info & lowdown

After reading over the weekend several posts about people not being able to get hold of the removals insurance company I posted about before, I have looked into it, had a conversation with the company and all is as follows:

Merseyside Insurance Services have been bought out by a company called Letton Percival. There web site is www.lettonpercival.co.uk. Brian naughton who used to work for Merseyside Insurance was taken on by the new company and so he is still a good name to ask for. In addition to Brian, I have just had a conversation with Andrew Leaver who was the commercial director and nothing has changed. The cover remains the same (which is superb), the rates remain the same (1.53%) its just that MIS has been bought out.

The best number for the new company is 0151 236 4568 and ask for either Brian or Andrew. I should be on commission at this rate

So sleep safe once more in the knowledge that you can still avoid paying the high prices that the removals firms charge.

Ian
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

bazfer is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks Ian. Ringing them, is next on my hit list
Old Feb 24th 2004, 10:40 am
Perth Bound

Avery Family is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Removals Insurance - Part 2 - The company info & lowdown

Originally posted by ianj
After reading over the weekend several posts about people not being able to get hold of the removals insurance company I posted about before, I have looked into it, had a conversation with the company and all is as follows:

Merseyside Insurance Services have been bought out by a company called Letton Percival. There web site is www.lettonpercival.co.uk. Brian naughton who used to work for Merseyside Insurance was taken on by the new company and so he is still a good name to ask for. In addition to Brian, I have just had a conversation with Andrew Leaver who was the commercial director and nothing has changed. The cover remains the same (which is superb), the rates remain the same (1.53%) its just that MIS has been bought out.

The best number for the new company is 0151 236 4568 and ask for either Brian or Andrew. I should be on commission at this rate

So sleep safe once more in the knowledge that you can still avoid paying the high prices that the removals firms charge.

Ian

Hi Ian

Thanks for the additional info'... spoke to them this morning, as you say much better that the removal companies prices.

also looks reasonably safe being underwritten by a Lloyds Marine insurance sindicate.

Regards
simon