Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Removals feedback please

Removals feedback please

Old Mar 6th 2002, 9:58 am
Just Joined

Teri Mitchell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Removals feedback please

We have now had 4 companies quote for removal of our household contents to Brisbane from UK. However, all seem very similar. Has anyone any experiences (good or bad) of any of the following: John Mason; Allied Pickfords; PSS; Robinsons? Would appreciate any comments people can give me so I can make the right choice (hopefully). Thanks
Old Mar 6th 2002, 9:05 pm
Shaun Nell

Default Re: Removals feedback please

All I can do is add a few more that we have contacted. Anglo Pacific (this is whom we
are going to use) Excess Baggage Global Shipping

"Teri Mitchell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > We have now had 4 companies quote for removal of our household contents to Brisbane
    > from UK. However, all seem very similar. Has anyone any experiences (good or bad)
    > of any of the following: John Mason; Allied Pickfords; PSS; Robinsons? Would
    > appreciate any comments people can give me so I can make the right choice
    > (hopefully). Thanks
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Mar 7th 2002, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

Wannastay is an unknown quantity at this point

i used anglo pacific to get us from London to Melbourne. Took 12 weeks, £2k door to door (packing and unpacking) for 450 cubic feet of gear. good service, would use again if i dont get PR here !

if u need any other feedback on Anglo, let me know
Old Mar 7th 2002, 9:29 am
ndaltonb

Teri,

One thing I can suggest is to negotiate with the removals you finally choose. Just moving from Devon to West Sussex, we wanted to use Brittanic but they were £1000 more expensive. We phoned them up to say, "Really liked you but having to go with someone else as £1000 cheaper". Within 24 hours they had knocked £1000 of the price.

May not hurt to try.

Nigel db

Originally posted by Teri Mitchell
We have now had 4 companies quote for removal of our household contents to Brisbane from UK. However, all seem very similar. Has anyone any experiences (good or bad) of any of the following: John Mason; Allied Pickfords; PSS; Robinsons? Would appreciate any comments people can give me so I can make the right choice (hopefully). Thanks

Old Mar 7th 2002, 10:05 am
Natnz

Try www.grace.com.au - they are excellent and prices are reasonable.

natalie

> We have now had 4 companies quote for removal of our household contents to Brisbane
    > from UK. However, all seem very similar. Has anyone any experiences (good or bad)
    > (hopefully). Thanks
    >
    >
    >
    > --

Old Mar 7th 2002, 7:06 pm
Vera.Wood

Hi I have used Aglo Pacific and found them to be first class they are solely a
shipping agent not removal and they know what they are about. I cannot recomend them
high enough. Vera

Shaun Nell wrote:

> All I can do is add a few more that we have contacted. Anglo Pacific (this is whom
    > we are going to use) Excess Baggage Global Shipping
    >
    > "Teri Mitchell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > We have now had 4 companies quote for removal of our household contents to
    > > Brisbane from UK. However, all seem very similar. Has anyone any experiences
    > > (good or bad) of any of the following: John Mason; Allied Pickfords; PSS;
    > > Robinsons? Would appreciate any comments people can give me so I can make the
    > > right choice (hopefully). Thanks
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > --
    > > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Mar 8th 2002, 1:06 pm
Jeanette L Fleu

We narrowed our search down to Trans Euro (Avalon), very professional but plastic,
and Allied Pickfords, very professional AND personable.

We have the added complications of needing a pet exporter, exporting a motorcycle and
needing storage in Aus for a month after arrival. The personal attention and
reassurances we got from Pickfords was superb. I got the feeling they had actually
met with the pet exporters and had a rapport with each of them. They knew all the
little 'gotchas' in exporting the motorcycle and how to expedite the paperwork. They
were more expensive, but after telling them how far out of the ball-park they were,
they adjusted their quote. They're packing us up in 10 days from now.

> (hopefully). Thanks
    >
    >
    >
    > --