Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Removalists arrive tomorrow aaargh! - wee question?

Removalists arrive tomorrow aaargh! - wee question?

Old Aug 5th 2012, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Mazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud of
Default Removalists arrive tomorrow aaargh! - wee question?

Ok our stuff is being packed up tomorrow for shipping so as you can imagine I'm in the midst of a total madhouse. So I'm getting kitchen stuff ready and can't get all the crumbs out of the toaster - will this be a problem for AQIS? I know it's a pretty small thing in the grand scheme of things but everything is stressing me out at the moment!!! Is it too early for alcohol???

Any advice from you wise folks is appreciated
Old Aug 5th 2012, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Mummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to all
Default Re: Removalists arrive tomorrow aaargh! - wee question?

We got most out but unpacking this end there were still some... And we got ours 2 weeks ago.
Old Aug 5th 2012, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Mummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to all

As in we got ours back from AQIS on the 26th July.
Old Aug 5th 2012, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Mazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mummy3
As in we got ours back from AQIS on the 26th July.
Ok thanks for that. We'll just do our best. Hope things are going well for you
Old Aug 5th 2012, 12:17 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Vacuum cleaner?
Old Aug 5th 2012, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Why did I not think of that Moneypenny? - cheers!
Old Aug 6th 2012, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Don't forget to empty the vacuum cleaner afterwards! Removals men got to ours before I had the chance so I ended up importing dust bunnies!!! Oh, and they grabbed the plastic thingy in between the two sinks where the dead teabags and other sundry organic waste things went before being taken to the compost bin. Smelled delightful after six weeks at sea! I am amazed AQIS didn't open that box, just to make sure we weren't smuggling in a corpse!

They did confiscate my PLASTIC Christmas fir cones though. I know they were good quality ones but they couldn't realistically have been mistaken for the real thing!

Last edited by Iwannabethere; Aug 6th 2012 at 10:38 am. Reason: Adding last paragraph
Old Aug 7th 2012, 10:56 am
Just Joined

patsmb is an unknown quantity at this point

Just make sure most things are perfect -but AQUIS took a wand off my Santa and a Xmas dec so maybe not pack them
They also steam cleaned and pulled to pieces and elctric lawnmower so think twice about garden tools too
Good luck
Old Aug 7th 2012, 11:23 am
Just Joined

patsmb is an unknown quantity at this point

Aquis can be VERY picky car had to be steam cleaned twice here despite it being done in the UK
Its untreated wood ,cane etc they look at closely too
Old Aug 7th 2012, 11:33 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by patsmb
Aquis can be VERY picky car had to be steam cleaned twice here despite it being done in the UK
Its untreated wood ,cane etc they look at closely too
Untreated wood and cane is not allowed in so don't even bother sending it. Garden furniture, machinery etc has to be cleaned within an inch of its life. No problem bringing any of it providing it's clean.
Old Aug 7th 2012, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for all the advice and good luck wishes folks! It was all a bit of a whirlwind yesterday. The packers certainly weren't discerning so I can understand why full dustbins, compost buckets etc could be bubble wrapped and packed if you weren't careful. I power hosed my bike and didn't include any untreated wood so hopefully it'll be all good. Fingers crossed it all arrives in one piece on the other side
Old Aug 7th 2012, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

abi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud of

Does anyone know if there is an issue with transporting animal products - eg horse hair?
Old Aug 7th 2012, 10:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

You cannot bring in beeswax candles or products, so leave those behind.

DD had a cello with a horsehair bow, which came in without problems.
Old Aug 8th 2012, 1:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mazza12
Thanks for all the advice and good luck wishes folks! It was all a bit of a whirlwind yesterday. The packers certainly weren't discerning so I can understand why full dustbins, compost buckets etc could be bubble wrapped and packed if you weren't careful. I power hosed my bike and didn't include any untreated wood so hopefully it'll be all good. Fingers crossed it all arrives in one piece on the other side
Mmm, had a few surprises when unpacking!!
Old Aug 8th 2012, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

Lois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mummy3
Mmm, had a few surprises when unpacking!!
Like what?! Our packers started today and are back tomorrow !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.