Reload this Page >

Removal Firms - Moving from Birmingham to Brisbane

Removal Firms - Moving from Birmingham to Brisbane

Old Mar 14th 2007, 10:16 pm
ian&juliette

grij is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Removal Firms - Moving from Birmingham to Brisbane

Hi,

We are moving from Birmingham to Brisbane and have read several of the threads on the removal firms.

Has anyone moved from the Midlands to Brisbane? and if so which removal firms did you use and were they any good?

Thanks
Ian
Old Mar 14th 2007, 10:26 pm
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all
Default Re: Removal Firms - Moving from Birmingham to Brisbane

Hi, moved from Birmingham to Adelaide and used Atlantis Shipping.
Chuffed with the service we got too. 20ft container nothing damaged
They are in Brum but can't remember exactly where, do a search I know others have used them too
Good luck
Carole
Old Mar 15th 2007, 3:03 am
The Mango King

Antney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to all

Hi, we moved from Solihull to Brisbane. We used Excess International and they were fantastic throughout the whole process.
Old Mar 16th 2007, 4:13 am
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by grij
Hi,

We are moving from Birmingham to Brisbane and have read several of the threads on the removal firms.

Has anyone moved from the Midlands to Brisbane? and if so which removal firms did you use and were they any good?

Thanks
Ian
We moved from Solihull to Gold Coast with Doree Bonner, will let you know in the next few days!
Old Mar 16th 2007, 4:24 am
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks
Ian
Hi we moved from the Midlands to the Gold Coast and we used Crown Relocations. Really friendly and professional but i wouldn't say the cheapest. It cost me £3800 for everything (20 ft container) with an 8 week delivery time. They even give me 2 weeks free storage..
Old Mar 16th 2007, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks
Ian
Well I used EVL. (European van lines). some of my most precious possessions smashed due to very little care taken with wrapping my stuff properly! Several items not wrapped at all. 1 large box missing with several expensive items including ALL my daughters costume jewelleryfrom NEXT, a digital camera and even Norton Anti virus CDs and other stuff not so expensive but worth bringing here. The e-mails that they have sent back re my complaints do not answer my questions as to why for instance my video recorder ended up in the same box as a large heavy tool box, packed in different boxes in my house on collection. All they keep saying is that I never took out insurance with them and that loads of other people have been through my stuff!!!! Funny that considering it was kept in their warehouse for nearly 5 weeks before they sent it. A fact that they did not share with me until later.Thank god I went with Letton Percival cos I think EVL would have provided poor compensation too. Not impressed at all. My bro is in the federal police and has suggested I report them to the Ombudsman. Soemthing I am seriously thinking about.

Lou
Old Mar 17th 2007, 7:16 pm
ian&juliette

Originally Posted by Wickedsid
Hi, moved from Birmingham to Adelaide and used Atlantis Shipping.
Chuffed with the service we got too. 20ft container nothing damaged
They are in Brum but can't remember exactly where, do a search I know others have used them too
Good luck
Carole
Hi Carole,

Thanks for the tip.
Have just received an online quote from them at £3086, plus insurance - but this was based on a rough estimate of the amount of stuff that we have. I am sure that when we are actually ready to move, we will have more stuff to ship. But we'll see.

Hope you are enjoying life in Adelaide!
Thanks
Ian
Old Mar 17th 2007, 7:17 pm
ian&juliette

Originally Posted by Antney
Hi, we moved from Solihull to Brisbane. We used Excess International and they were fantastic throughout the whole process.
Hi Antny.

Thanks for the tip - will give them a try as well

Cheers
Ian
Old Mar 17th 2007, 7:19 pm
ian&juliette

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan
Hi we moved from the Midlands to the Gold Coast and we used Crown Relocations. Really friendly and professional but i wouldn't say the cheapest. It cost me £3800 for everything (20 ft container) with an 8 week delivery time. They even give me 2 weeks free storage..
Thanks for the post,

We have looked at other comments regarding removal firms and Crown seem to come out fairly well, if not the best so far. We will definately ask them to quote nearer the time.

Thanks
Ian
Old Mar 17th 2007, 7:22 pm
ian&juliette

Originally Posted by Louise M
Well I used EVL. (European van lines). some of my most precious possessions smashed due to very little care taken with wrapping my stuff properly! Several items not wrapped at all. 1 large box missing with several expensive items including ALL my daughters costume jewelleryfrom NEXT, a digital camera and even Norton Anti virus CDs and other stuff not so expensive but worth bringing here. The e-mails that they have sent back re my complaints do not answer my questions as to why for instance my video recorder ended up in the same box as a large heavy tool box, packed in different boxes in my house on collection. All they keep saying is that I never took out insurance with them and that loads of other people have been through my stuff!!!! Funny that considering it was kept in their warehouse for nearly 5 weeks before they sent it. A fact that they did not share with me until later.Thank god I went with Letton Percival cos I think EVL would have provided poor compensation too. Not impressed at all. My bro is in the federal police and has suggested I report them to the Ombudsman. Soemthing I am seriously thinking about.

Lou
Hi Lou,

Thanks for the warning - sorry to hear that your move was a nightmare. Based on your experience we wont be asking EVL to quote. Having read other peoples posts the whole experience of moving sounds quite scary.

Hope you are successful in your claim againt them.

Thanks
Ian
Old Mar 17th 2007, 7:23 pm
ian&juliette

Originally Posted by Suni&Jay
We moved from Solihull to Gold Coast with Doree Bonner, will let you know in the next few days!
Hi,

Hope your move goes smoothly!

Would be interested to hear how you get on.

Thanks
Ian
Old Mar 17th 2007, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

thepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nice

Hi,

Thanks
Ian

Hi Ian

We are in coventry and are going to use brittania removals(eric delo). There service so far has been excellent. We had quote 12 months ago and rang them to do a re quote and it worked out about £70 cheaper. They have also given us some boxes to pack the little uns toys into.

Hope this helps.

tracey x
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 3:49 am
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute

hey grij

we got quotes from britannia and doree bonner, both were good but chose doree bonner who were fantastic at the cov end and bris/sunny coast end.

good luck with it - funny, one of new footballers at caloundra is from solihull, went to lighthall school!
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 5:13 am
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks
Ian
Hi Ian, we moved last Aug/Sept.
What I meant by I'll let you know how we get on was referring to the insurance claim, you never know who reads these threads
We picked Doree Bonner and one of the main reasons was that they said they had their own insurance company, as should we need to make a claim it would be easier as we wouldn't be dealing with a 3rd party.
Well our goods arrived 17th Oct., which was about 10 weeks and not the 6-8 weeks they had said. There were quiet a few things damaged which we pointed out to the movers (Grace International), Who replied " well your insured aren't you":curse:
Yes but the antique chez that you've wrecked will never be the same, will it?
Doree Bonner asked us to send photo's of the damaged goods, quotes for repairs AND a copy of a letter they wanted us to send to Grace Int. blaming them for the damages, which I refused to do as I could not prove where the damaged happened.
After 2 emails saying that they would have a answer for me shortly they have just transferred the money into our account. 5 months from when they where notified.
You decide if you want to deal with them or not
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by joeyballantyne
hey grij

we got quotes from britannia and doree bonner, both were good but chose doree bonner who were fantastic at the cov end and bris/sunny coast end.

good luck with it - funny, one of new footballers at caloundra is from solihull, went to lighthall school!
He is just trying to be posh, he would be from Chelmsley wood really.........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.