Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Removal firm Brisbane required

Removal firm Brisbane required

Old May 4th 2008, 2:48 pm
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all
Question Removal firm Brisbane required

Can anyone recommend a removal firm we could contact direct. We are having a 20ft container shipped from Dubai to Brisbane then on to Hervey Bay. What we have been quoted from the port to Hervey Bay if far more than the actual packing & shipping costs from Dubai to Brisbane. Does that sound right?

Any recommendations welcomed.

Last edited by ray2gill; May 4th 2008 at 2:50 pm.
Old May 4th 2008, 4:53 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Removal firm Brisbane required

Originally Posted by ray2gill
Can anyone recommend a removal firm we could contact direct. We are having a 20ft container shipped from Dubai to Brisbane then on to Hervey Bay. What we have been quoted from the port to Hervey Bay if far more than the actual packing & shipping costs from Dubai to Brisbane. Does that sound right?

Any recommendations welcomed.
The container will be emptied into a Bonded wharehouse in Brisbane, so Customs and AQIS can do their inspections, once cleared the shipment will be delivered to you 3hrs away in Hervey bay, i don,t know what your initial costs were, i would find out from your Dubai shipper who is handling your goods here in Aust, ? approach them for a cost run down.............mm
Old May 4th 2008, 5:14 pm
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mr mover
The container will be emptied into a Bonded wharehouse in Brisbane, so Customs and AQIS can do their inspections, once cleared the shipment will be delivered to you 3hrs away in Hervey bay, i don,t know what your initial costs were, i would find out from your Dubai shipper who is handling your goods here in Aust, ? approach them for a cost run down.............mm
As stated I wish to find out costs in OZ as think we are being ripped off here.

Cost quoted for clearance & delivery are much higher than the packing and shipping costs which doesn't seem to make sense.
Old May 4th 2008, 8:20 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ray2gill
As stated I wish to find out costs in OZ as think we are being ripped off here.

Cost quoted for clearance & delivery are much higher than the packing and shipping costs which doesn't seem to make sense.
Working on a full 20ft container..35 cu metres full pack pick up, Brisbane deliver to Hervey bay ..you would be looking at $3500 to $4000....tops....mm
Old May 4th 2008, 11:47 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Blimey!!!

Thats outrageous!

Hire a truck, I'll drive it (have license) and help you load/ unload, one Saturday/ Sunday - I'll only charge ya a grand in the hand and a couple of stubbies at smoko!!

Methinks I need to go into the removalist bizznizz!!