Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Removal Company?

Removal Company?

Old Jun 24th 2004, 5:57 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Removal Company?

To those of you already in Oz, which removal company did you use, and would you recommend them...I want the best priced but also best reputation ( can I have both?! )

Thanks
Lucy
Old Jun 24th 2004, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

GengaKev is an unknown quantity at this point

Friends of our used Crown and We've decided to use them too. THey weren't the cheapest but the service and level of knowledge they have is very impressive.

Pickfords seemed cheaper until you calculate their insurance. If a percentage of your goods are classed as fragile or high risk ( and you can guarrente they will) it's 4.5%!!!!!.

Phnoe Crown and get them round, get a few other Biffs in then go back to Crown and haggle!!!.

They also have their own people in Oz, container tracking etc.

They're coming 9th of August for us.
Old Jun 24th 2004, 6:47 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

I can only comment on this side of the water.....we used PSS and they have been great. The lads were very efficient and packed all our things very well.

They were the cheapest quote we had, insurance too. That's not the main reason we used them, we've heard that they do a really good service throughout and we're very happy so far.
Old Jun 24th 2004, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

Gryff is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Removal Company?

Originally posted by lucyb
To those of you already in Oz, which removal company did you use, and would you recommend them...I want the best priced but also best reputation ( can I have both?! )

Thanks
Lucy
Well not in oz yet but the container is on the way.... we used Crown and they have been fab so far. Will keep u posted when we get to the other side.
Old Jun 24th 2004, 7:51 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

We've just got brochures from Bishops Move, Crown, PSS and Doree Bonner.

Tried to phone John Mason but the number didn't work, and 1st International promised to phone back but didn't - so that's them out for starters!

Just getting a feel at present - when we know more what we're shipping we will get the estimators in.