Reload this Page >

Removal companies from UKto Australia

Removal companies from UKto Australia

Old Aug 12th 2007, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

joannesteiner74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Removal companies from UKto Australia

Hi,
I wondered whether anyone had any good advice on good removal companies from UK to Australia. We have searched and found a few. Has anyone heard of Atlantis, Burke Brothers or Anglo Pacific and how were they? Do they need to be a member of FIDI or is just BAR ok?
Thanks for your advice.
Old Aug 12th 2007, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

charb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant future
Default Re: Removal companies from UKto Australia

Originally Posted by joannesteiner74
Hi,
I wondered whether anyone had any good advice on good removal companies from UK to Australia. We have searched and found a few. Has anyone heard of Atlantis, Burke Brothers or Anglo Pacific and how were they? Do they need to be a member of FIDI or is just BAR ok?
Thanks for your advice.
We used Pickfords, although I was a little worried as I had read a few bad reports on here. But they were fine IMO. We had 99cuft & it cost just under £700 including insurance. We were told it takes 6 - 8 weeks, usually quicker, but in the end it took 9 weeks to get here, due to a delay this end. HTH a little.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

holmes will become famous soon enough

Haven't heard of the ones you mention. We used PSS. The packing service was excellent - but then it all seemed to go downhill...... I can't say it was necessarily the fault of PSS, but on the other hand they're the outfit I hired so I guess I hold them responsible. The problems were:

It wasn't made crystal-clear to us that there would be fees payable in Aus. It was in the small-print, but with that many other things to think about.... I think it would have been fairer if this info had been as prominent as all the self-publicising info.

The agent this end (OSS) was next to useless.
- they didn't communicate at all about was happening re customs and quarantine
- absolutely no flexibility re helping us (e.g., we took possession of our house at 2:30pm, but they refused to deliver after 2:15pm)
- you pay for an 'unpack' service, but how can you supervise the men unpacking in different rooms to tell them what goes where? so in the end you tell them to leave it - but then they want another fee to collect the boxes, etc

Anyway - bit of a rant - in summary, I would recommend PSS, but make sure you are clear on ALL the fees, and tell them you don't want OSS (Sydney) as an Aus agent!

Good luck!
Old Aug 13th 2007, 9:33 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the info. May avoid them actually.

Cheers.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 9:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by charb
We used Pickfords, although I was a little worried as I had read a few bad reports on here. But they were fine IMO. We had 99cuft & it cost just under £700 including insurance. We were told it takes 6 - 8 weeks, usually quicker, but in the end it took 9 weeks to get here, due to a delay this end. HTH a little.
Thanks for the info - much appreciated.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

Don't know the companies you mention. We used GB Liners who were fantastic - they were friendly and efficient in the UK (you wouldn't believe the speed at which they packed up a house) and kept us informed all the way. When we arrived in Sydney we were dealing with Nuss who were lovely. The woman who was dealing with us phoned to introduce herself then gave us regular updates. The guys who arrived to unpack our stuff showed up ontime, covered all the floors with protectors and proceeded to do everything with a smile on their face. We had been warned that lots of removal companies try to avoid unpacking as much as they can, but not these guys. They even took away a whole load of packing we had accumulated in our garage from buying stuff. Our only hassle was the fact that Quarantine had opened three boxes and some stuff got broken by obviously being chucked back into the box without being re-packed properly. Got an e-mail from GB within 24 hours telling us how sorry they were to hear some of our stuff had been broken and details of how to make a claim (the removal guy had sorted this, we didn't even have to make a phone call). Can't remember the exact cost (we shared a container) but it was competitive.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 9:03 am
Just Joined

Thanks so much for the info - that's great - will look into this company - they sound brilliant.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Graham67 is on a distinguished road

I would recommend Crown as they were OK. But as they did scratch the arms of our 1 year old Brown Italian leather suite moving it from the house in Scotland I'll let you decide. Apart from that they were very proffesional and only 1 picture broken at Perth end. Not too bad when you consider we moved the contents of a 4 bed house and motorcycle. We did get a full insurance refund. Probably the best of a bad bunch. I've heard bad things about Pacific.