Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Removal Companies From Uk To Oz - Anyone Recommend One?

Removal Companies From Uk To Oz - Anyone Recommend One?

Old Apr 18th 2005, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

michdp has a brilliant futuremichdp has a brilliant futuremichdp has a brilliant futuremichdp has a brilliant futuremichdp has a brilliant futuremichdp has a brilliant future
Default Removal Companies From Uk To Oz - Anyone Recommend One?

We're moving to Sydney at the end of June, having received our residency in March.

Amongst the many things that now need to be sorted, I'm just sourcing quotes from removal companies here in the UK & I wondered whether anyone has used Anglo-Pacific for their move or Robinsons? It'd be great to hear what you think of their service if you have? Or any other companies that you can recommend.

Thanks for your help

Mich
Old Apr 18th 2005, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

sheila and joe is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Removal Companies From Uk To Oz - Anyone Recommend One?

Originally Posted by michdp
We're moving to Sydney at the end of June, having received our residency in March.

Amongst the many things that now need to be sorted, I'm just sourcing quotes from removal companies here in the UK & I wondered whether anyone has used Anglo-Pacific for their move or Robinsons? It'd be great to hear what you think of their service if you have? Or any other companies that you can recommend.

Thanks for your help

Mich
do a search on here for anglo pacific by pollyanna they are DEFINATLEY NOT recommended -- no info on Robinsons -- companies recommended previously on this site are CROWN,PSS,JOHN MASON,DOREE BONNER and ALLIED PICKFORDS although I'm sure there are many more out there. We had PSS in for a quote last week and Crown today -- will let you know how we get on.

sheila
Old Apr 18th 2005, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

lissysarah is just really nicelissysarah is just really nicelissysarah is just really nicelissysarah is just really nicelissysarah is just really nicelissysarah is just really nicelissysarah is just really nicelissysarah is just really nicelissysarah is just really nicelissysarah is just really nicelissysarah is just really nice

absolutely do not use anglo pacific - they took our money - completely destroyed our furniture - did not compensate us , as insurance is valued on replacement costs in Auz and whilst we can get repro furniture in the uk, they said we would only be able to get it in Aus for a higher price, thus making us under insured and they would not pay out. They broke legs off a table, badly scratched and damaged ALL our other furniture. Jewellry and a digital camera went missing!!! I wrote endless letters and phoned - the same people that had been helpfull prior to our move became rude and arrogant. I even wrote to the MD who couldn't be bothered to reply. PLEASE dont make the mistake we made as they were C**P and treated us very badly.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 7:49 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sheila and joe
do a search on here for anglo pacific by pollyanna they are DEFINATLEY NOT recommended -- no info on Robinsons -- companies recommended previously on this site are CROWN,PSS,JOHN MASON,DOREE BONNER and ALLIED PICKFORDS although I'm sure there are many more out there. We had PSS in for a quote last week and Crown today -- will let you know how we get on.

sheila
I think you'll find Pollyana caleld them ***** ********
Old Apr 18th 2005, 8:26 pm
Have only gone and GOT IT

Bed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by wmoore
I think you'll find Pollyana caleld them ***** ********

Yea it was ***** ******** very apt from all ther press i have read here

Another one to avoid is Bishops Move i have had dealings with them here in the UK and my g what a shower of shoot.

I am too looking for Removalists at the mo expensive and there prices all seem to be above £3k /20ft container and they are all plus insurance, PSS at the moment are not the cheapest but were not full of the usuall smelly stuff

Good luck
Old Apr 18th 2005, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

BillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura about

We've had nothing but help from CROWN, we are not there yet, brissy in july, but the idea of one company in Oz and the UK dealing with the move appealed to us.

Dont take there first quote though, try them for another and see how you get on, you must play them off against one another.

Bill
Old Apr 18th 2005, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Raymond Hogan will become famous soon enough

Thanks for your help

Mich
Hi Mich,
Try Brittania they are excellent, good luck,
Ray
Old Apr 18th 2005, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

Secretsquirral has a spectacular aura aboutSecretsquirral has a spectacular aura aboutSecretsquirral has a spectacular aura about

We used John Mason and they were very good (and cheapest quote we got)- would recommend them.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

Spainy is an unknown quantity at this point

We also used Brittania, and although our container is still in the dock at Brisbane, we found them to be very good, cost 2650 quid for a 20 ft container, packed and unpacked this end.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 9:06 pm
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

We`re using Eagle Shipping. Do a search for them on the forum.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

crowley has a spectacular aura aboutcrowley has a spectacular aura aboutcrowley has a spectacular aura about

We had to use allied pickfords last time not a bad service and the crew where great both in UK and Aus BUT the office staff.... you really need to kick them a lot and very hard. Think now we have the choice we shall use a smaller company but the cost is still about 4K UK.. assuming we get a good TRA result, that is
Old Apr 18th 2005, 9:20 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Not much to add to that except to say ***** ******** lived up to their name and I would never recommend them, ever.
Two words they have never heard of - organisation and communication.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

Zentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the rough

We used Brittania in South Yorks for a self pack, part container to Brisbane and were very happy with them and the price.

Papa Z
Old Apr 18th 2005, 9:42 pm
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

philian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Removal Companies From Uk To Oz - Anyone Recommend One?

Hi,

We used Pickfords. Packers were hard work, had to keep watching them like hawks as they kept packing stuff I explicitely said not to (i.e baskets, food etc) had to go round and clean up spilt cups of coffee-spilt up the wall and no one told me! Damage to bikes, scooters, food processor, crockery, ornaments. Office staff always seem to have answer machine on or have gone early! They were however helpful when we had to bring date forward.

All in all ok, and not ***** ******** by a long stretch but I haven't lodged my insurance claim yet!

Good luck....if I had my time over I would've gone for John Mason as they get pretty good reviews on here.

Good Luck
Old Apr 19th 2005, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

michdp has a brilliant futuremichdp has a brilliant futuremichdp has a brilliant futuremichdp has a brilliant futuremichdp has a brilliant futuremichdp has a brilliant future

Thanks for your help

Mich
Thanks for the info Sheila & Joe - I've just had Robinsosn in who seem quite professional but will definitely not be using Anglo Pacific following the comments on here!!