Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Removal Companies Northern Ireland

Removal Companies Northern Ireland

Old Jun 7th 2008, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond repute
Default Removal Companies Northern Ireland

Can anyone suggest or recommend removal companies for Northern Ireland? Or not recommend, for that matter!

Cheers
Old Jun 7th 2008, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

sandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to all
Default Re: Removal Companies Northern Ireland

Originally Posted by Rainydaze
Can anyone suggest or recommend removal companies for Northern Ireland? Or not recommend, for that matter!

Cheers
I would recommend Allied Pickfords we used them from Dublin in January and found them very good.

Sandra
Old Jun 8th 2008, 8:48 am
Just Joined

Location: Originally from Glasgow, recently emigrated to Gold Coast from Northern Ireland
suzi27mcd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rainydaze

Cheers
We used Allied Pickfords. We booked a part container for our stuff. We had it packed on 4th Jan ( during the snow !!!! - they had to negotiate the Glenshane pass to get to us in Derry !!!!). It didn't leave Belfast until 20th Jan, and didn't leave London until end of Feb. We only got our stuff about 3 weeks ago.

The guys were very efficient packing up our belongings. We didn't bring much furniture so we had all of it laid out in one room. Everything was extremely well packed.

Communication on both sides not that good. I found out our stuff was being delivered on the morning of the day they appeared. Luckily i was not at work.

The TV unit was damaged a bit but i don't blame them for that. It was cheap anyway. We did insure it but didn't claim as it was the only item damaged.

The delivery guys were helpful too, although i only got them to unpack a couple of items.

The way we looked at it, we really did not have much choice as most of the companies advertised are mainland UK Based.

I'm sure a full container would travel much faster. We just seemed to be waiting forever for our stuff to arrive, but that's whats happens with part containers. At least it was in good condition when it did.

Hope that helps. Feel free to contact me if you want to know more.

Good luck with your move.
Old Jun 8th 2008, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Rainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys Will let you know how we get on...
Old Jun 8th 2008, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

We've recently had a quote from McGimpsey's and also Pickfords, both for a 20ft container. They were £3990 & £3600 respectfully. We hope to ship our belongings at the beginning of August.

Lynn xx