British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Removal Companies for moving to Oz (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/removal-companies-moving-oz-365694/)

Andrew Nunn Apr 5th 2006 12:33 am

Removal Companies for moving to Oz

Greetings All,

Can anyone recommend good removal companies for moving to the Gold Coast. We are due to emigrate next month. We have a four bed house (contents) we are moving from Cumbria to the Gold Coast. What sort of cost have others paid. Are there any hidden costs etc.

We were originally going out in 2004 but due to circumstances outwith our control we could not go. The prices seem to have rocketed by about 25%.

Also any advice on insurance would be great too!

Any help would appreciated.

Regards,

Andy :cool:

mr mover Apr 5th 2006 8:32 am

Re: Removal Companies for moving to Oz

Originally Posted by Andrew Nunn
Greetings All,

Can anyone recommend good removal companies for moving to the Gold Coast. We are due to emigrate next month. We have a four bed house (contents) we are moving from Cumbria to the Gold Coast. What sort of cost have others paid. Are there any hidden costs etc.

We were originally going out in 2004 but due to circumstances outwith our control we could not go. The prices seem to have rocketed by about 25%.

Regards,

Hi Andrew go to the BAR web site { British Association of Removalists ] pick one of their members ,you will generally get a good deal.
Prices will rise in the UK and Europe , because you are coming in to your summer , and as in Australia Summer is our busiest period. .............. :beer: mm

Jonahs_mummy Apr 5th 2006 8:35 am

Andy

I can rec'd Crown - www.crownrelo.com - they have been excellent thus far!

Claire

Originally Posted by Andrew Nunn
Greetings All,

Regards,

kevinbloomfield Apr 5th 2006 9:23 am

Hi

Loads on here about removal companies, we are using Doree Bonner but John Mason's get good reports as well. For us both of these companies quoted more or less the same amount (£3750 for a sole use 20' container). That's Suffolk to the Sunshine Coast

Libby1971 Apr 5th 2006 11:33 am

I used to work for Bishops Move. They do domestic moves, storage and international moves.

I intend to use them when we move. I trust them with my stuff and in 4 years of working there I never heard of anyone having to claim for damage for an international move. One container can fit in everything from a 3 bed house and is cheaper than part container costs. You can purchase space in a container and prices are quoted based on volume. The states do a system where everything is loaded into a van and then the whole thing is weighed so you don't know your costs until it is on its way which seems stupid to me.

I heard another removal company uses mostly casual workers and the incidents of theft are high. The person employed may show up one day, nick what they can and not show up the next. I won't be using them.