Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Reminder, Kath & Kim BBC2@10pm Tonight

Wikiposts

Reminder, Kath & Kim BBC2@10pm Tonight

Old May 19th 2005, 10:04 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reminder, Kath & Kim BBC2@10pm Tonight

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
Oh yes the memories. Con the fruiter and Russel coyte.
And Colin Carpenter & Kylie!! God I used to love that show!

"she goes, she goes ..... she just goes"
Old May 19th 2005, 10:06 pm
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
And Colin Carpenter & Kylie!! God I used to love that show!

"she goes, she goes ..... she just goes"

D generation, Scared shit less.
Old May 19th 2005, 10:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
Oh yes the memories. Con the fruiter and Russel coyte.
Yeah, and I think I know the script of 'The Castle'* off by heart having watched it so many times. Are you and Mrs D too young to remember Norman Gunston (Garry McDonald who sadly had a mental breakdown). Kel in Kath and Kim has a Norman Gunston hairdo.

*e.g. Gee that's fantastic darl, what do you call that? Rissoles!; Joustin sticks, how much does he want for them, Tell him he's dreamin etc

Good luck with the visa!

OzTennis
Old May 19th 2005, 10:09 pm
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Yeah, and I think I know the script of 'The Castle'* off by heart having watched it so many times. Are you and Mrs D too young to remember Norman Gunston (Garry McDonald who sadly had a mental breakdown). Kel in Kath and Kim has a Norman Gunston hairdo.

*e.g. Gee that's fantastic darl, what do you call that? Rissoles!; Joustin sticks, how much does he want for them, Tell him he's dreamin etc

Good luck with the visa!

OzTennis
Yes I remember Norman, mother and son. My parents were ABC mad, until the discovered Hey Hey its Saturday.
Old May 19th 2005, 10:22 pm
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis

Good luck with the visa!

OzTennis
Gee OzT, remind me to slip you some money again next time - am I too young indeed! LOL I remember Norman Gunston very well, similarly Mother & Son (we have a video of M&S classics, pure genius).

(Im 41 this year. You forgot "Dale dug a hole" "Dad, its filling up with water" (has become a catchphrase in our household ) & "Dad never could work out why he got it so cheap" "Hows the serenity")

Last edited by MrsDagboy; May 19th 2005 at 10:25 pm.
Old May 19th 2005, 10:28 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Like I said once before, my bet is that people who dont understand the humour probably havent been to Australia.

Watching K&K always brings back memories of Uncle Arthur!! .

(Love that effluent line - classic!! LOL )
What about the Australians who don't get the show? Have they never been to Fountaingate. I like it myself although the last series went a bit stale.
Old May 19th 2005, 10:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Gee OzT, remind me to slip you some money again next time - am I too young indeed! LOL I remember Norman Gunston very well, similarly Mother & Son (we have a video of M&S classics, pure genius).

(Im 41 this year. You forgot "Dale dug a hole" "Dad, its filling up with water" (has become a catchphrase in our household ) & "Dad never could work out why he got it so cheap" "Hows the serenity")
Yeah, we're goin' to Bonnie Doon, we're goin' to Bonnie Doon (singing in the car), camping under the electricity pylons, feel the serenity! House under the pylons next to Essendon airport - Dad says Position, Position, Position is everything, walking out of the terminal and then home with the supermarket trolley. And the hopeless lawyer - did we win?

OzTennis
Old May 19th 2005, 11:12 pm
Rocket Scientist

Originally Posted by bondipom
What about the Australians who don't get the show? Have they never been to Fountaingate.
Quite possibly . More likely that they just have a sense of humour bypass though .

OzT, its all about the vibe! Im going to have to fish our video of The Castle out now, I think it went straight to the poolroom!
Old May 19th 2005, 11:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

I missed last weeks but watched last nights. I thought it hilarious, especially the mum and the small friend.
Shall be watching it again.
Tracey.
Old May 20th 2005, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

Pandanda is on a distinguished road

Love The Castle

*peaceful lake* "If there's one thing dad likes more than serenity... it's a two
stroke engine on full throttle!" *ZOOOOOOOOOOOOM*

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 20th 2005, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

I watched last nights K &K and found it funny. I could imagine some of the people I'd met on my visits to Melb saying the lines! And what cracked me up was that some of my yahoo group Melb. friends were actually meeting at FTG shopping centre for coffee this week.
Is it a series that grows on you? Or do you think its a humour that you either love or hate ?
Old May 20th 2005, 9:31 am
Rocket Scientist

Hard to say whether you love it or hate it Hel, but I do I think that either you get it or you don't. Some people may get it but not find it particularly funny, if you understand its a parody & listen to some of the lines & think "oohhh, I can just imagine XYZ saying that" (as you did) or "ooh thats just like that woman that we saw last week" then you're well on your way .

Thats why I think that people who havent been here may not get it, you have to have experienced the environment to appreciate the satire?
Old May 20th 2005, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light

Look at moy, look at moy, look at moy!
Old May 20th 2005, 9:18 pm
Banned

Hunkyhenry will become famous soon enough

I wouldn't mind some of that!!! !!!
Old May 23rd 2005, 7:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by TheColebecks
Look at moy, look at moy, look at moy!
Kimmeee, look at moy, look at moy, Kimmeee. I've just got ONE word for you "you're being a bloody idiot and you should go back to Brett".

I laughed at the speed dating and Shazza starts off with 'I'm injury prone, I've broken my fibia 5 times' and then later on she has all the guys around as she explains to them how Warney bowls a wrong 'un.

OzTennis