Reload this Page >

Remember why you went!!!

Wikiposts

Remember why you went!!!

Old Sep 22nd 2003, 11:57 pm
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough
Default Remember why you went!!!

OK its the first day of autumn in the UK, last night there was torrential rain for about an hour, the lovely M25 had a massive crash and consequently it took me over an hour to drive 10 mins back from a kids birthday party because of the tail backs going back miles and miles. Its really got cold today, heating has gone on, winter coats are coming out, and you know that we have seen the last of the summer until next year ( if we get one).

So remember the times when you were out scrapping the car in the middle of winter, or your standing in the playground waiting for the kids to come out of school and you can't feel your hands cause you are so cold, or you go swimming and come out of the pool and its so cold and your hair is dripping wet you don't bother going again until the summer time. Remember??? Makes dolphins, hot weather and beaches and even smog not seem so bad.

Old Sep 23rd 2003, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

paddythepilot will become famous soon enoughpaddythepilot will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Remember why you went!!!

Originally posted by leanda
OK its the first day of autumn in the UK, last night there was torrential rain for about an hour, the lovely M25 had a massive crash and consequently it took me over an hour to drive 10 mins back from a kids birthday party because of the tail backs going back miles and miles. Its really got cold today, heating has gone on, winter coats are coming out, and you know that we have seen the last of the summer until next year ( if we get one).

So remember the times when you were out scrapping the car in the middle of winter, or your standing in the playground waiting for the kids to come out of school and you can't feel your hands cause you are so cold, or you go swimming and come out of the pool and its so cold and your hair is dripping wet you don't bother going again until the summer time. Remember??? Makes dolphins, hot weather and beaches and even smog not seem so bad.

Agreed!

But, also remember there will be times in Australia, (I used to live there), when you just wished it was cold, it would snow or the bloody sun would just go behind a cloud to give you a break for a while.

Sometimes you just get so sick of the sun......honestly its true!

I really miss those frosty morning!
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 1:28 am
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by paddythepilot
Agreed!

But, also remember there will be times in Australia, (I used to live there), when you just wished it was cold, it would snow or the bloody sun would just go behind a cloud to give you a break for a while.

Sometimes you just get so sick of the sun......honestly its true!

I really miss those frosty morning!

Reason to go to NZ instead perhaps?
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 1:39 am
WBB

Originally posted by cadman
Reason to go to NZ instead perhaps?
i live in wales and from what im told nz has a very similar climate to us. brrrrrr

and they like the sheep aswell.

Old Sep 23rd 2003, 1:40 am
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by welshboybilly
i live in wales and from what im told nz has a very similar climate to us. brrrrrr

there's lovely
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 2:05 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

there was torrential rain for about an hour, the lovely M25 had a massive crash and consequently it took me over an hour to drive 10 mins back from a kids birthday party because of the tail backs going back miles and miles. Its really got cold today,
Sounds like Perth !!
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 2:18 am
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point

-------------------------------------------------------

BAHHHHHHHHHHHHH Do ewe think so.

Cheers.
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 2:41 am
NZ 2004 ... Inshallah

robernelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, they do like sheep but the weather is alot milder and sunnier. Metservice figures proove this. Overall, the north island is classed as "sub-tropical" and the south "alpine". You can define you preference and choose your area as places tend to have micro-climates. This does make NZ a very difficult country to summarise. There is probably somewhere in NZ with a similar climate to Wales but definately not the whole of NZ.

I will remember the endless days of grey drizzle you get in the UK, starting sometime next month

Rob
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 3:34 am
(Jon) returning to NZ 04

jandjuk is an unknown quantity at this point

yes, NZ having many microclimates is very true.

The main difference for me is the winter sun. The NZ winter sun has some heat in it (in the North anyway) and it's completely bearable to go out for a walk. In the UK I find the short days and lack of heat in the sun more depressing than the frosts, snow, cold or rain.

But for me, the English summers (here in Oxon anyway) are completely underrated - beautiful and mild, very little rain (compared with northern NZ), perfect temps.

If generalising I would say the Sth Island weather is comparable to southern England (in terms of temperatures), the north of NZ warmer but wetter
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 3:58 am
Badge

there is no doubt that apart from the evenings that Aussie winters are fantastic. Cold enough to light the fire but warm enough to go out in the day and enjoy the sun.

badgers

Old Sep 23rd 2003, 4:04 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

But for me, the English summers (here in Oxon anyway) are completely underrated - beautiful and mild, very little rain (compared with northern NZ), perfect temps.
Just wondering where in Oxon you are?, as i'm there too!
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 4:05 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

The season change is another reason we are going to Melb, i would miss having seasons after a while
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 4:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by karawara88
Sounds like Perth !!

Sounds like PB!!
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 4:14 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

It was a bit parky this morning!!

It is wierd I am having to restrain myself from going and buying loads of jumpers! I wont need any for at least 10 months!!
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 4:18 am
High in the Dandenongs

saw a weather forcast this morning, they mentioned something about FROST tonight!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.