Remember me?

Old May 23rd 2005, 9:25 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Remember me?

Hi ...remember me from last year? We had our dreams of a new life in Adelaide quashed by losing 5 crucial points due to my husband's age. So we regrouped, took some time out and in March applied to New Zealand and have had our Invitation to Apply already . Meds booked for June. Then our agents called us this morning to say did we know about the forthcoming changes to the SIR Visa re the 10 bonus points for SA. OMG...so now I am in a HUGE dilemma. We are all geared up for Christchurch now and really excited about NZ and now a spanner is thrown in the works....... What do we do? Rememebr how devestated we were not to get our SIR visa..Ive never been so crushed in my life...and just when we had moved on ...this happens!! Id love some advice, good or bad, just tell me, what do we do???

Lucy
xx
Old May 23rd 2005, 9:37 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Remember me?

BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING!!! - leave it a couple of days before you make any decisions!
allow this new info to be absorbed....

then write a very long,truthful list about what you want from new zealand - then do the same for aus.

then do a LOT of research on this new visa before diving in.....if the agent is the same one you had last time, it may be wrong!!!

but calm down - give yourself a week if necc before you start getting all excited about something that you may later regret!!!!

glad to hear you so happy!!

sue x
Old May 23rd 2005, 9:44 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent advice Sue; yes Lucy, I remember you, and I'd echo what Sue says - give it plenty of thought and look at all the pros and cons before you decide which way to leap.
I'm glad you are sounding so positive though - you took a real knock last year, I remember it well.
Good luck whichever you decide on.
Old May 23rd 2005, 9:54 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lucyb
Hi ...remember me from last year? We had our dreams of a new life in Adelaide quashed by losing 5 crucial points due to my husband's age. So we regrouped, took some time out and in March applied to New Zealand and have had our Invitation to Apply already . Meds booked for June. Then our agents called us this morning to say did we know about the forthcoming changes to the SIR Visa re the 10 bonus points for SA. OMG...so now I am in a HUGE dilemma. We are all geared up for Christchurch now and really excited about NZ and now a spanner is thrown in the works....... What do we do? Rememebr how devestated we were not to get our SIR visa..Ive never been so crushed in my life...and just when we had moved on ...this happens!! Id love some advice, good or bad, just tell me, what do we do???

Lucy
xx

me again lucy,
where did this agent get the info about the changes?? ive just had a look at dimias website and cant find anything...but then i may not be looking in the right place??
id ask over on the immigration forum if anyone has any other info about it.....

sue
Old May 23rd 2005, 9:55 am
Professional Princess

Lucy
xx
Lucy, I think if it was me and you are all geared up for NZ, your meds are booked and you have mentally prepared yourself for it then why not give NZ a go?

Everything for a reason and at least you are halfway there in your NZ application.

Try it and see where the road takes you.

Old May 23rd 2005, 9:57 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Excellent advice Sue; yes Lucy, I remember you, and I'd echo what Sue says - give it plenty of thought and look at all the pros and cons before you decide which way to leap.
I'm glad you are sounding so positive though - you took a real knock last year, I remember it well.
Good luck whichever you decide on.
i second that. brill advice Sue and well backed up by Polly
Old May 23rd 2005, 10:01 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there Lucy,

Nice to hear from you again.... I often wondered what you'd decided to do, I remember Canada was an option you had in mind.

I would go with Sue's advice and consider your options over the next few days. You don't have to make a decision today.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck and all the very best.

D D
Old May 23rd 2005, 10:09 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Lucy
xx
Hi Lucy. Can't answer your question cos only you can Ditto all the above and check, check and treble check all information given.

Good luck.
Old May 23rd 2005, 10:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lucy you do get around last heard you were going to Canada, is that still an option?
Old May 23rd 2005, 11:47 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lucy

Great to hear from you again - I hope all is well with you!

Claire
x
Old May 23rd 2005, 1:04 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Lucy, I think if it was me and you are all geared up for NZ, your meds are booked and you have mentally prepared yourself for it then why not give NZ a go?

Everything for a reason and at least you are halfway there in your NZ application.

Try it and see where the road takes you.
Lucy - one key difference is that with New Zealand (I presume) you'll be permanent residents from Day 1.

With SIR you won't be and will need to jump through further hoops to get PR at the end.

Also - when did you apply for NZ Immigration? Not the EOI, but the 'proper' migration application?

If before the 21 April 2005, you will only have three years to wait for NZ citizenship (provided you apply before 21 April 2010). Otherwise it's five years.

Either way, if you give New Zealand a go, settle there and become NZ citizens in due course, you'll be able to move to Australia later on. It's unlikely that Australia will completely exclude New Zealanders.

It's up to you, but in the circumstances I'd stick with the New Zealand option.

Jeremy
Old May 23rd 2005, 1:05 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
Hi there Lucy,

Nice to hear from you again.... I often wondered what you'd decided to do, I remember Canada was an option you had in mind.

I would go with Sue's advice and consider your options over the next few days. You don't have to make a decision today.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck and all the very best.

D D
Hey Lucy, you're back! Good to see you once more !

I thought you were off to Canada too. Well, whatever you decide, I hope it works out for you. There's some sound advice on this thread, so hopefully these good folks will help point you in the right direction, though of course the decision is all yours at the end of the day.

Good luck, and some decision-type karma on its way.
Old May 23rd 2005, 3:09 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Lucy
xx
Hi Lucy,
Not an easy one. Take a few days to relax and think about things. Let your heart decide for you. Good luck.
Sarah
Old May 23rd 2005, 3:25 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAJ
Lucy - one key difference is that with New Zealand (I presume) you'll be permanent residents from Day 1.

With SIR you won't be and will need to jump through further hoops to get PR at the end.

Also - when did you apply for NZ Immigration? Not the EOI, but the 'proper' migration application?

If before the 21 April 2005, you will only have three years to wait for NZ citizenship (provided you apply before 21 April 2010). Otherwise it's five years.

Either way, if you give New Zealand a go, settle there and become NZ citizens in due course, you'll be able to move to Australia later on. It's unlikely that Australia will completely exclude New Zealanders.

It's up to you, but in the circumstances I'd stick with the New Zealand option.

Jeremy
Hi Jeremy

We lodged EOI on March 16 and were selected from the pool on March 30. We received our ITA on April 15th. We're off on holiday in 2 days time so we are going to use those couple of weeks to work out where we really want to be. I agree with your post re NZ, as it is more attractive to have PR straight away.

Lucy
Old May 23rd 2005, 3:33 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jeremy

We lodged EOI on March 16 and were selected from the pool on March 30. We received our ITA on April 15th.
If you've not made the formal application for NZ PR yet, then I believe the five year residence requirement will apply. Only a New Zealand lawyer will be able to tell you if applying for the EOI is enough to get access to the 3 year residence requirement.

But even with a five year requirement for citizenship, if you are happy with New Zealand on its own merits, then that's the place to go. And you do have permanent residence straight away.

Jeremy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.