Reload this Page >

Reloction advise- greatly welcomed

Reloction advise- greatly welcomed

Old Aug 25th 2010, 11:58 am
Just Joined

nbro2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Reloction advise- greatly welcomed

Hi,
I am new to this forum, but here goes anyway.

Myself and my family have been talking about moving to Oz for many years now and are finally about to start the ball rolling. Earlier this year I was in discussion with a migration agent with a view of emigrating on a PR but this was proving v.expensive so we are now looking at going on a sponsored visa (I am a registered Nurse with 18 months experience working on an acute medical ward). Unsure what to do for the best really. We are looking at going to Cairns (or thereabouts). Any advise/info would be greatly appreciated as researching on net leaves me feeling a little bewildered.

Thanks,
Nicky x

PS My hubby is a scaffolder so any info on him finding a job would be a big bonus. Thanks again
Old Aug 25th 2010, 12:04 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reloction advise- greatly welcomed

First point of call is always here. Give the visa wizard a run and see what it offers you. There is also the Nursing Forum which although is worldwide, has a large Australian contingent.

Good luck and ask lots of questions
Old Aug 25th 2010, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

nessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nice

Originally Posted by nbro2
Hi,
I am new to this forum, but here goes anyway.

Myself and my family have been talking about moving to Oz for many years now and are finally about to start the ball rolling. Earlier this year I was in discussion with a migration agent with a view of emigrating on a PR but this was proving v.expensive so we are now looking at going on a sponsored visa (I am a registered Nurse with 18 months experience working on an acute medical ward). Unsure what to do for the best really. We are looking at going to Cairns (or thereabouts). Any advise/info would be greatly appreciated as researching on net leaves me feeling a little bewildered.

Thanks,
Nicky x

PS My hubby is a scaffolder so any info on him finding a job would be a big bonus. Thanks again

Hi

I am a nurse too and emailed health companies in Melbourne my CV. Took a while to find a lot of them but google away and you will eventually find them. I was warned against going with an agency as they have the jobs that people don't really wish to work in. Anyway, I was given a phone interview and was successful in getting a job and will also get an employer sponsored visa. I am waiting for my nurse registration at the moment which takes about 3 months. I didn't use any migration agents and chose to go it alone.

Good luck

Nessie
Old Aug 26th 2010, 1:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Here are a few threads to help you get started.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ghlight=Cairns

Would you not consider getting your two years experience & applying for PR?

My main concern for you, if considering Cairns at the moment, is the job situation. We currently have the highest unemployment in QLD & 2nd highest in Aus as a whole. Building trade has been badly affected despite the stimulus projects, so really not sure of your husband's chances of work. Plus you would need to find out what quals he would need to work here.

If you want a contact at Cairns Base, let me know & I can pm you.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 3:59 am
BE Enthusiast

hollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud of

Please give full consideration of the cost of getting PR
before you leave the UK. Is PR really more expensive in the long run?
We are so glad we went for PR!
I have friends at work who are now having to apply for their PR
visa and wished they got it all out the way the first time.
If you have kids and are a nurse (like me, not great pay etc) Family Assistence will kick in the day you arrive.
Also, you will be more stettled with greater professional freedom with
PR.
My agent let me pay the fees monthly and it does take a wee while.
This left time to pay things, save etc.
Good luck!
HKA