Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Relocation Timescales?

Relocation Timescales?

Old Jan 1st 2006, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

NIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really nice
Default Relocation Timescales?

Hi Everyone, Happy New Year to you all!!

How long did it take to get a relocation company and how long did you need to book in advance to get any furniture etc shipped to Australia?

We are due to immigrate soon and are getting worried we are leaving it a little late.

Regards

Nigel and Abby
Old Jan 1st 2006, 9:30 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relocation Timescales?

Originally Posted by NIGENABBY
Hi Everyone, Happy New Year to you all!!

How long did it take to get a relocation company and how long did you need to book in advance to get any furniture etc shipped to Australia?

We are due to immigrate soon and are getting worried we are leaving it a little late.

Regards

Nigel and Abby
Hi,

Only info I can offer is that when we asked Pickford's to quote they guaranteed the price for three months. Sorry not much use.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jan 1st 2006, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

NIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really nice

Originally Posted by Stitch
Hi,

Only info I can offer is that when we asked Pickford's to quote they guaranteed the price for three months. Sorry not much use.

Cheers

Ginny
Hi Ginny,

Thanks, Any info is useful

Regards

Nigel
Old Jan 1st 2006, 10:53 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

depends when you are off - There seems to be high demand over the (UK) summer when parent leave after the school year.

We have yet to book the shippers for mid Feb, although have had them round to assess quantities. Did try last week but was waste of time as nobody was answering phones. Need to get sorted this week, but don't see it being an issue as it is after the rush of those spending Xmas/NY in UK before going and one agent said they were quiet (thanks I will use that to try & get the price down!).
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Originally Posted by walaj
depends when you are off - There seems to be high demand over the (UK) summer when parent leave after the school year.

We have yet to book the shippers for mid Feb, although have had them round to assess quantities. Did try last week but was waste of time as nobody was answering phones. Need to get sorted this week, but don't see it being an issue as it is after the rush of those spending Xmas/NY in UK before going and one agent said they were quiet (thanks I will use that to try & get the price down!).
I am moving mid-Feb and booked my shippers at the start of December. But they said that Feb is a quiet time - I just wanted to get it sorted and another jobticked off the list!!

SS
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
I am moving mid-Feb and booked my shippers at the start of December. But they said that Feb is a quiet time - I just wanted to get it sorted and another jobticked off the list!!

SS
Thanks SuperSeagulls,

We have left it a little late, we are immigrating on or around the 5th February. We have got some online quotations but did not tell them what date.

Going to call tomorrow and get more information.

Out of interest what are you doing with all your stuff when you get to Aus, do you intend to leave it all in storage for any length of time?

Regards

Nigel