Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Relocation Questions?

Relocation Questions?

Old Sep 26th 2003, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute
Default Relocation Questions?

Just a few questions folks,

1.When we are leaving the U.K how do we know were to senfd all our shipped belonings if we dont know our address yet I know it's a simple question but it's still a worry.

2. Why if I have sent my approved documents certificates,employment letters etc, to the TRA do I need to get them approved again by another solicitor (more money!) for my visa approval?

3.Also can anyone let me know what the average wage for a sheetmetalworker is around the Melbourne area and also how that relates to the cost of living I.E I dont want to move to the other side of the world if I'm going to be worse off, I dont mind losing out a bit because it is outweighed by the quality of life.

4. Also still cant make our minds up as to where to settle in Victoria, still thinking about Geelong, Queenscliff, Dandenong, St Kilda just too many nice places where do you all reckon?

Any advice is greatly appreciated

It's looking like next March for me! :scared:
Old Sep 27th 2003, 1:48 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relocation Questions?

Originally posted by Dicko

1.When we are leaving the U.K how do we know were to senfd all our shipped belonings if we dont know our address yet I know it's a simple question but it's still a worry.

2. Why if I have sent my approved documents certificates,employment letters etc, to the TRA do I need to get them approved again by another solicitor (more money!) for my visa approval?

3.Also can anyone let me know what the average wage for a sheetmetalworker is around the Melbourne area and also how that relates to the cost of living I.E I dont want to move to the other side of the world if I'm going to be worse off, I dont mind losing out a bit because it is outweighed by the quality of life.

4. Also still cant make our minds up as to where to settle in Victoria, still thinking about Geelong, Queenscliff, Dandenong, St Kilda just too many nice places where do you all reckon?

Answer to question 1/ your goods will be held in The bond store of the agent your removal company uses in aust,untill Customs&AQIS release them................. MM
Old Sep 27th 2003, 2:01 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Originally posted by mr mover
Answer to question 1/ your goods will be held in The bond store of the agent your removal company uses in aust,untill Customs&AQIS release them................. MM
Mr Mover,

I know you are based in Adelaide and are "in the trade" When we ship our stuff from Auckalnd to Adelaide, do you have any idea of approximately how long it takes to get there and how long the customs hang on to the stuff?
Old Sep 27th 2003, 3:55 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by podgypossum
Mr Mover,

I know you are based in Adelaide and are "in the trade" When we ship our stuff from Auckalnd to Adelaide, do you have any idea of approximately how long it takes to get there and how long the customs hang on to the stuff?
for a better idea contact Grace [NZ} most of our NZ freight comes in through the east coast and is railed to Adelaide. ithink its about 2weeks, customs and AQIS [Quarantine } are usually good with NZ freight, just make sure you dont pack any fruit boxes, in your load and you will be ok........ MM
Old Sep 27th 2003, 4:12 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Dicko

DIMIA check the integrity of the documents you have submitted to the TRA. If you got passed the TRA with false documents in theory DIMIA can check and catch you.