Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

RELOCATION PEOPLE - WORTH THE MONEY?

RELOCATION PEOPLE - WORTH THE MONEY?

Old Nov 20th 2007, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

mancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to all
Default RELOCATION PEOPLE - WORTH THE MONEY?

Has anybody ever used a relocation agency?

I have been in contact with one in particular, and they provide an orientation service for A$1200, this is for one day of their time where they show you around the areas etc, and visit properties etc.

My hubby arrives in Melbourne this Sunday evening to suss everything out, and was wondering if to book in for this service.

Any comments greatly appreciated (not sure if I'm allowed to name this particular company!)
Old Nov 20th 2007, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RELOCATION PEOPLE - WORTH THE MONEY?

Sounds very gimmicky to me. I'd imagine that you could get the same info by just asking people you meet.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

AJCS is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mancfamily

I have been in contact with one in particular, and they provide an orientation service for A$1200, this is for one day of their time where they show you around the areas etc, and visit properties etc.

My hubby arrives in Melbourne this Sunday evening to suss everything out, and was wondering if to book in for this service.

Any comments greatly appreciated (not sure if I'm allowed to name this particular company!)
Thats a bit steep. I think that this particular agent is taking advantage of people who just arrive and are not sure what to do. Melbourne is so easy to find your away around The public transport is very good. How many places and properties can they show you in 1 day!!! not enough to charge you that much!
Old Nov 20th 2007, 11:39 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with above replies,a lot of money when im sure your OH could easily find his way about Melbourne.Im sure plenty of people on here could answer any questions he may have before he travels,good luck
Old Nov 20th 2007, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

choccybicciebribe will become famous soon enough

Hi,

Somewhere on this website is a list of members that are willing to help out in various ways, people who are new arrivals. I cannot find it anywhere though so you will need to ask the moderators how to access it. There may be someone in Melbourne on the list willing to help out when your husband gets there. I think the fee that you have been quoted is very high and probably not worth the money.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 6:54 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

If its Melbourne I think most Britvic members would do this for a cuppa and a chance for a chat not $1200

Orientation in a day??? guess you could go to the observation deck of the eureka tower and see all of Melbourne in 10 mins (provided its not a cloudy day).
Old Nov 20th 2007, 7:04 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

So a one day tour of Melbourne for $1200.

I'd bloody well fly to Melbourne and show you around myself for a few days for that!

Seriously - that isnt worth the money. Do it yourself. Its more fun and frankly you can walk into any real estate agent and be shown around a million properties for free lol.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 7:27 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Relocation agency,s are designed for the busy executive, with the Blonde "trophy"wife who is too stupid to do any thing for her self.
SAVE yer money and get off yer arse................mm
Old Nov 20th 2007, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future

We offer various services to new migrants arriving in Melbourne, which are all designed to save you money if you use them. We have never offered an orientation service, as AJCS mentioned it is pretty easy to navigate yourself around, even if we did offer that kind of service it wouldn't cost anywhere near $1200. As a tradie on site I am happy to pick up $300 a day for a hard days graft, how hard can it be to drive someone around for 8 hours? You shouldn't be paying any more than a fair day's wage plus expenses (fuel, vehicle, tolls, parking etc). I suppose if there is a demand for this type of service maybe we should offer it as well as we would definately save you money compared to the $1200 you were quoted.

Andy
Old Nov 20th 2007, 8:41 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by choccybicciebribe
Hi,

Somewhere on this website is a list of members that are willing to help out in various ways, people who are new arrivals. I cannot find it anywhere though so you will need to ask the moderators how to access it. There may be someone in Melbourne on the list willing to help out when your husband gets there. I think the fee that you have been quoted is very high and probably not worth the money.
Theres a link in the Top Tips thread
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345774

http://britishexpats.com/articles/au...lping-friends/
Old Nov 20th 2007, 8:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Forgotten all about that list. Maybe it's time to resurrect the thread and see if there's any more people will to help out.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 5:11 am
Living our life wherever

Location: came back to oz after moving back to uk but not settled here so uk here i come, last time im moving
Trevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
I just like to say that AU$1200 is far to much to charge for this service, we picked up a couple from a hotel in Brisbane showed them the city and around a few building developments and also took them to a show home complex, also we introduced them to a couple of real estate agents all this over seven hours and all we charged was $250, im only sorry we dont cover Melbourne as it seems as people are not getting value or service for the money
Thxs
Old Nov 21st 2007, 5:16 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trevski
Hi
I just like to say that AU$1200 is far to much to charge for this service, we picked up a couple from a hotel in Brisbane showed them the city and around a few building developments and also took them to a show home complex, also we introduced them to a couple of real estate agents all this over seven hours and all we charged was $250, im only sorry we dont cover Melbourne as it seems as people are not getting value or service for the money
Thxs
Do you get a cut of the commission of they buy a house or something?
Old Nov 21st 2007, 5:19 am
Living our life wherever

Location: came back to oz after moving back to uk but not settled here so uk here i come, last time im moving
Trevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by NedKelly
Do you get a cut of the commission of they buy a house or something?
Hi
No we do not take any cut or commission, we pride ourselves on giving migrants honest and unbiased opinions as we wished we had recieved when we had migrated
thxs
Old Nov 21st 2007, 5:47 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trevski
Hi
No we do not take any cut or commission, we pride ourselves on giving migrants honest and unbiased opinions as we wished we had recieved when we had migrated
thxs
That's the way it should be done. It's a shame that not all people have integrity like yours.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.