Reload this Page >

Relocation Package to Sydney

Relocation Package to Sydney

Old Jan 18th 2013, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

Paddywest is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Relocation Package to Sydney

Hi All,

As part of my job offer, there is a relocation package to Syndey also included up to the value of $20,000 dollars. Now my company is very stringent on expense and always require receipts.

As I have never done this before, what would be acceptible as a reasnable expense?

For example, could I bring my car over, or would it just be for furniture flights etc.

Any help much appreciated
Thanks for reading
Old Jan 18th 2013, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relocation Package to Sydney

Surely asking the company would give you the answer for what they accept?
Old Jan 18th 2013, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

Paddywest is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
Surely asking the company would give you the answer for what they accept?
Surely your right!

They havn't specified it yet so I was curious what other people have been able to expense
Old Jan 18th 2013, 8:46 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paddywest
Surely your right!

They havn't specified it yet so I was curious what other people have been able to expense
When we came over, our company paid for flights, removals, visa costs and initial accommodation on arrival. They wouldn't pay for the dogs to be transported.

But all companies have different policies regarding what is and isn't an acceptable relocation expense. When we moved interstate, they would have allowed for the cost of us to move the car, but as I was going to have to bring all the animals here, I drove it instead and they paid me travelling expenses (which worked out quite lucrative!) - but that was because it was an interstate transfer - they wouldn't have paid for us to ship a car from the UK.
Old Jan 18th 2013, 9:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paddywest
Hi All,

As part of my job offer, there is a relocation package to Syndey also included up to the value of $20,000 dollars. Now my company is very stringent on expense and always require receipts.

As I have never done this before, what would be acceptible as a reasnable expense?

For example, could I bring my car over, or would it just be for furniture flights etc.

Any help much appreciated
Thanks for reading

Mine was 30000. I didn't know this at the time as the local HR woman (why are they always aggressive, self righteous women) didn't disclose this. All she would disclose was the amount I could spend on each piece. It was a nightmare as I couldn't get the flights for the right price and accommodation I wanted.

In the end I lost it with her so badly because she was wasting so much of my time that she sent me the budget spreadsheet and said 'you work it out'. It was then I found out it was 30000 dollars. In the end I spent a bit over 20000.

Every company will operate different but if you've got the chance, take control of your own budget and keep it well away from tje self righteous bitches.
Old Jan 19th 2013, 12:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

You need to ask the company. When I moved to Bermuda on expenses they gave me $20k to spend as I wished. I used it for flights, container shipping, pet shipping. Mr BS's new employer put us up in a fully furnished flat for a month.
Old Jan 19th 2013, 11:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

When we came out the company paid for shipping, but they paid directly after we got a quote, so we never had to part with money up front.