Relocation Expenses $20K

Relocation Expenses $20K

Old Sep 4th 2011, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

moving_to_Victoria is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Relocation Expenses $20K

Hi,

I am moving to Gippsland in early 2012.

I have been told that my relocation expense limit is $20K including airfare, transporting stuff and initial rental,car and buying household goods in Australia.

My question is after flight,shipping and initial house and car rental etc. I think I would be left with $10K. I keep reading that it is now very expensive and washing machine , fridge etc are much more dearer than in UK. Does anyone know of a website where i can find the prices etc and make a plan of what to buy and what to ship.

I UK I am renting and do not really have much stuff so it will be buying here and shipping or buying there.

Thanks for your help guys.

Rj
Old Sep 4th 2011, 9:02 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relocation Expenses $20K

Originally Posted by moving_to_Victoria
Hi,

I am moving to Gippsland in early 2012.

I have been told that my relocation expense limit is $20K including airfare, transporting stuff and initial rental,car and buying household goods in Australia.

My question is after flight,shipping and initial house and car rental etc. I think I would be left with $10K. I keep reading that it is now very expensive and washing machine , fridge etc are much more dearer than in UK. Does anyone know of a website where i can find the prices etc and make a plan of what to buy and what to ship.

I UK I am renting and do not really have much stuff so it will be buying here and shipping or buying there.

Thanks for your help guys.

Rj
Google is your friend:

Harvey Norman
The Good Guys
Joyce Mayne

to name but a few...
Old Sep 4th 2011, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

moving_to_Victoria is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Relocation Expenses $20K

Thanks