Reload this Page >

Relocation agents Sydney?

Relocation agents Sydney?

Old Jan 31st 2012, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

xavito is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Relocation agents Sydney?

Hi there,
does anybody know, how relocation agents (to find an appartment) in Sydney work? What do they charge you (for example to visit up to 10 rental objects in the city area)? And what do landlords expect normally, in terms of rent in advance, desposit, etc?
Thanks so much!
Xavito
Old Jan 31st 2012, 11:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relocation agents Sydney?

We thought about it as we were very nervous about finding a property that would take cats. In the end I am very glad we didn't, one afternoon when we were doing the viewings there was a couple on the same route as us with a relocation agent and I thought she was really just a taxi driver. We had no realy trouble finding a property that would take cats in the end.

You will probably need a month rent in advance and about the same for a bond.

I know relocation agents don't only do the property viewings, but it is a big part of it and I thought not worth the money.
Old Feb 1st 2012, 12:08 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

We had one provided as part of our relocation package and she was useful but, if I were paying myself, I would not bother.

As for the rental process, have a quick search of the archives and you'll find some previous threads. Definitely one from about May 2008 on which I've detailed our experiences, and I'm sure some more recent ones too.
Old Feb 1st 2012, 8:49 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
We had one provided as part of our relocation package and she was useful but, if I were paying myself, I would not bother.

As for the rental process, have a quick search of the archives and you'll find some previous threads. Definitely one from about May 2008 on which I've detailed our experiences, and I'm sure some more recent ones too.
We was provided one by my company and , for us, it was worthwhile. She was part taxi, part guide and part rental advisor. The plusses were enabling viewings outside public viewings, getting my wife and son around Sydney (we had no car at the time and we were very wide in our home search) and she was very knowledgable of the rental process and advising of whether of not to haggle the rent. The minus was really only she wanting us to live in an area where SHE would live rather than our choice, was very against the Northern Beaches in Sydney and was a true Eastern Suburbs gal!!