Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Relocating! (moved from welcome inn)

Relocating! (moved from welcome inn)

Old Jan 23rd 2016, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

Harx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Relocating! (moved from welcome inn)

Hi

I am really interested in relocating to Australia with my wife and three children. I am a the deputy manager at a very busy leisure centre and was wondering if anyone had any tips/ advice on finding a similar job? I have signed up with indeed, seek and adzuna job searches, but as yet I have had no joy.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Old Jan 23rd 2016, 5:27 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relocating!

Hi Harx, welcome to BE.

You will probably do best to post your questions over on the Australia forum.

My limited understanding of Australian immigration is that you or your spouse/ partner will have to have experience or qualifications on the list of occupations that are qualified for a visa.
Old Jan 23rd 2016, 5:31 pm
Just Joined

Thank-you, I'm new to the forum!
Old Jan 23rd 2016, 5:34 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Linkedin?
Old Jan 23rd 2016, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

Default Relocating!

Hi

I am really interested in relocating to Australia with my wife and three children. I am a the deputy manager at a very busy leisure centre in the UK and was wondering if anyone had any tips/ advice on finding a similar job? I have signed up with indeed, seek and adzuna job searches, but as yet I have had no joy.

Old Jan 23rd 2016, 5:48 pm
Just Joined

I'm on LinkedIn, but can't connect with people.
Old Jan 23rd 2016, 8:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Have you got a visa? Are your skills in demand? Start at the beginning rather than hopping in at the end!
Old Jan 23rd 2016, 9:12 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Harx
Hi

I am really interested in relocating to Australia with my wife and three children. I am a the deputy manager at a very busy leisure centre in the UK and was wondering if anyone had any tips/ advice on finding a similar job? I have signed up with indeed, seek and adzuna job searches, but as yet I have had no joy.

Welcome to BE!

As Quoll says, first you need to see if you qualify for a visa by checking if your job is on the SOL or CSOL. Have a good read of Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection
Old Jan 23rd 2016, 10:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Have you looked at the job categories where visas MAY be granted. I fear that Deputy manager of a Leisure Complex does not feature. Do you have other skills that might be in demand ?
Old Jan 23rd 2016, 10:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Harx
Hi

Yep, as others have said looking for a job is not the place to start. Well not unless you already have a visa or citizenship. I would have some doubts as to whether your occupation would qualify for a work related visa, not every occupation will and if it s not n the list then job or no job you will not be able to get a visa.
Old Jan 24th 2016, 2:37 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Harx and welcome to the forum

As others have said, to be able to relocate to Australia you need an occupation on the skills list - https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/...ons-lists/CSOL

I'm also not sure that deputy manager of a leisure complex will be sufficient but I haven't checked the list.

Is it possible the OH has a skill on the list?
Old Jan 24th 2016, 4:40 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relocating! (moved from welcome inn)

Threads merged
Old Jan 24th 2016, 7:43 am
Just Joined

Hi, thank you all for replying. My initial post was short on info! A sports centre manager is on the list of jobs that requires a sponsorship visa 457 (thank you for posting the link) which is something that I think would suit me and my family. I've been on the immigration/ skills select web site and completed as much of an application as possible i.e. qualifications, employment history, family information etc.
From the replies, it sounds like I have dived right on in there and missed some vital parts regarding the 457?
I will go back and do some further homework on this!

I am more than prepared to visit and meet potential employers who are able to sponsor employees.

Thank you all again.
Old Jan 24th 2016, 8:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Hi Harx and welcome to the forum

As others have said, to be able to relocate to Australia you need an occupation on the skills list - https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/...ons-lists/CSOL

I'm also not sure that deputy manager of a leisure complex will be sufficient but I haven't checked the list.

Is it possible the OH has a skill on the list?
The Mrs does not have a skill on the list. Thanks for the link
Old Jan 24th 2016, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

It's hard to imagine a scenario in the current economy where a 457 suits a family with 3 kids.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.