Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Relocating to Melbourne - HOPEFULLY!

Relocating to Melbourne - HOPEFULLY!

Old Aug 20th 2010, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

rajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relocating to Melbourne - HOPEFULLY!

Originally Posted by Dan-Sharon
Hi Angie
At least it wont rain all through the kids holidays lol!!

Sharonx
Its been raining in Melb for months on end this year

Still, you are coming to the best city in oz
Old Aug 20th 2010, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

Dan-Sharon is just really niceDan-Sharon is just really niceDan-Sharon is just really niceDan-Sharon is just really niceDan-Sharon is just really niceDan-Sharon is just really niceDan-Sharon is just really niceDan-Sharon is just really nice
Smile Re: Relocating to Melbourne - HOPEFULLY!

WOW FANTASTIC..CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
I think that you applied for the same visa as us 176 sate sponsership GSM.
Can you please tell me how quickly after the deadline for police/medicals (we were given 28 days to submit these to diac) you received your wonderful news.
As our deadline for everything was on Wednesday this week.
I could do with knowing as my husband is self employed and is having to turn down work.
When do you plan to leave? and where are you headed?
You must be soooooo excited
My very best Regards
Sharonx

Originally Posted by scotsista
Hi there

Thanks for your messages!

Just to say our visas have been granted today!!

Can't believe it - now the excitement and emotions will be like a rollercoaster.

Will keep posting over the next wee while!

Angela
Old Aug 21st 2010, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

scotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sharon

Yes, we are on SC176.

We had to apply for an extension to our police clearance deadline as the Police issuing office made a mistake on my certificate!!!!

Our deadline was 19th August - the DIAC just received the papers in time on the 18th - I refused to pay a courier and sent it International Recorded. Thank God it arrived on time.

They granted the visas on 19th August - the exact deadline date!!!

We are still in shock really as we had thought it would take about at least a year. We only applied in May.

We need to enter Australia before 22 July next year. Initially we thought we may just go for a holiday first but we are starting to think, what the hell, let's just go

I am waiting to hear about possibile redudancy at my work and my husband is going to find out about taking a career break at his work, to keep our options open.

We are very lucky to have family in Melbourne who are able to help us out in the first few months!

What are your plans??

Angela
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

Dan-Sharon is just really niceDan-Sharon is just really niceDan-Sharon is just really niceDan-Sharon is just really niceDan-Sharon is just really niceDan-Sharon is just really niceDan-Sharon is just really niceDan-Sharon is just really nice

Happy Sunday Angela!!
You must be waking up with butterflies in your tummy ever since
the visa was granted, knowing that your days in the UK are numbered..lol

Your visa was granted so quickly, did you apply on the GSM route and was your skill/s on the csl ? What are you going to be doing work wise in OZ?

We applied in Dec 2008!!! I really hope that we hear something this week, the suspense is killing me, also my daughter goes back to school (YR1) in two weeks and she says shes not going to bother because she's going to school in Australia!!one with chucks (when I was looking into schools for her one of the schools had chickens)

I keep looking up google earth and the different places around Victoria..but I just don't now where we will end up.

We spoke about taking a holiday in Victoria at first, but apart from the flight costs etc. we just didn't want to do the return flight with a 3 &5 year olds-we are just going to go for it!

Have a great day and I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Sharonx

Hi Sharon

Yes, we are on SC176.

We had to apply for an extension to our police clearance deadline as the Police issuing office made a mistake on my certificate!!!!

Our deadline was 19th August - the DIAC just received the papers in time on the 18th - I refused to pay a courier and sent it International Recorded. Thank God it arrived on time.

We are still in shock really as we had thought it would take about at least a year. We only applied in May.

We need to enter Australia before 22 July next year. Initially we thought we may just go for a holiday first but we are starting to think, what the hell, let's just go

I am waiting to hear about possibile redudancy at my work and my husband is going to find out about taking a career break at his work, to keep our options open.

We are very lucky to have family in Melbourne who are able to help us out in the first few months!

What are your plans??

Angela
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Hi
I hope that you are great, I'm glad that we are headed to the best city in Oz,
but when I talk about rain-its all through the summer!!!!not the winter.
We need LIGHT not constant grey.
Kind Regards
Sharon

Originally Posted by rajj
Its been raining in Melb for months on end this year

Still, you are coming to the best city in oz
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

welshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nice

Hi,

OH already in Melbourne and he says, they are reporting the worst winter in 20yrs.(or so he tells me)

I'm hoping to be over there by November, just going into summer, so i'll ave ad a decent summer, well May, June in UK, and then hopefully, another decent summer over Xmas

My furniture leaves in 2wks, so hoping it'll reach Oz around the time I do

Hayley
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

rajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
I hope that you are great,
Sharon
That's what the other half always says
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 11:06 am
Just Joined

Jarjar is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

Thanks for your messages!

Just to say our visas have been granted today!!

Can't believe it - now the excitement and emotions will be like a rollercoaster.

Will keep posting over the next wee while!

Angela
Good luck Angela my hubby and I moved here 4yrs ago, live in upper ferntree gully, from Dundee, u will love it
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

sbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
We've been in Melbourne three years and love it here - you won't regret coming, it has so much going for it. We love the beaches, the city, the parks and outdoor life.

Any questions - ask away.

BB
hi BB,
im hoping to come out to melbourne by new year if all goes well with my registration!! i was wondering if you could give me some insight into melbourne?

steph
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 8:53 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sbrock11
hi BB,
im hoping to come out to melbourne by new year if all goes well with my registration!! i was wondering if you could give me some insight into melbourne?

steph
Sure, I recommend you read my reccie report from 4 years ago -

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=413388

and then my 3 year update -

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=673936

Enjoy!

BB
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

sbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nice

Enjoy!

BB
many thanks BB!! ill give them a read
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

scotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond reputescotsista has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy!

BB
Thanks so much for your links BB!

What a wonderful, interesting, informative read..........................

Very honest too, I thought!

Look forward to coming to Melbourne.

Angela
x
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
I just located Mordialloc on google earth. I'm glad that you are enjoying life.
May I ask why you chose Mordialloc. We have never been to Oz before and
really don't have a clue about any of the areas. We are considering Ocean Grove.
Many Thanks
Kind Regards
Sharonx
Ocean Grove is lovely but small (although close to Geelong). The house prices have gone through the roof in the last year or so and I think they are way too high. For the same price = very good house in Geelong vs. dated and needs work in Ocean Grove.

We drive the 20 or so minutes down there from Geelong most weekends.

We love it over here. Can't believe it's been 18 months!
Old Sep 6th 2010, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

Thank-you for that info.
Im glad that you love it in Geelong-very envious-we are still waiting
to hear from the diac. (We submitted everything to our case worker two and a half weeks ago and the waiting is killing me..arrr..lol!!!)
Take care

Originally Posted by itigo
Ocean Grove is lovely but small (although close to Geelong). The house prices have gone through the roof in the last year or so and I think they are way too high. For the same price = very good house in Geelong vs. dated and needs work in Ocean Grove.

We drive the 20 or so minutes down there from Geelong most weekends.

We love it over here. Can't believe it's been 18 months!
Old Sep 9th 2010, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Hi Sharon

Yes, we are on SC176.

What are your plans??

Angela
If you are looking for teaching work now's probably the best time. Lots of adverts have come up in the last couple of weeks and those will be for the jobs starting in February.

What subject is it?

Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.