Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Relationship ended, on spouse PR visa.

Relationship ended, on spouse PR visa.

Old Nov 18th 2006, 7:54 am
Just Joined

ScoAus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Relationship ended, on spouse PR visa.

Hi. Sadly my relationship has ended, and I am wondering how this will effect my visa. She was the main applicant, (we were both foreigners). We were granted Permenant Residency for Australia in February this year. I was her spouse, so I am wondering how this affects my visa?
Thanks.

Last edited by ScoAus; Nov 18th 2006 at 7:57 am.
Old Nov 18th 2006, 8:09 am

Hels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relationship ended, on spouse PR visa.

Originally Posted by ScoAus
Hi. Sadly my relationship has ended, and I am wondering how this will effect my visa. She was the main applicant, (we were both foreigners). We were granted Permenant Residency for Australia in February this year. I was her spouse, so I am wondering how this affects my visa?
Thanks.

As far as I know, now you are PR...it wont effect anything. You can be here on your own terms now. Thats my understanding of PR anyway.
Old Nov 18th 2006, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

bipsich is a name known to allbipsich is a name known to allbipsich is a name known to allbipsich is a name known to allbipsich is a name known to allbipsich is a name known to allbipsich is a name known to allbipsich is a name known to allbipsich is a name known to allbipsich is a name known to allbipsich is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Hels Bells
As far as I know, now you are PR...it wont effect anything. You can be here on your own terms now. Thats my understanding of PR anyway.
Can somebody tell me if I am separated (not divorced) from my wife do I have to inform DIMA ASAP ?
Old Nov 18th 2006, 8:25 am

Hels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bipsich
Can somebody tell me if I am separated (not divorced) from my wife do I have to inform DIMA ASAP ?

What stage Visa are you on?
Old Nov 18th 2006, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

bipsich is a name known to allbipsich is a name known to allbipsich is a name known to allbipsich is a name known to allbipsich is a name known to allbipsich is a name known to allbipsich is a name known to allbipsich is a name known to allbipsich is a name known to allbipsich is a name known to allbipsich is a name known to all

What stage Visa are you on?
I have PR, I am in Aus, have job, paying CSA for my son.
Old Nov 18th 2006, 8:38 am

I have PR, I am in Aus, have job, paying CSA for my son.

I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I believe if you have a PR, you can get divorced and still stay in Australia
Old Nov 18th 2006, 8:41 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScoAus
Thanks.

Hope you get a good answer and hope all goes well for you.
Old Nov 18th 2006, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I believe if you have a PR, you can get divorced and still stay in Australia
Look, the question was do I have to inform at this stage DIMA about the separation ?
Old Nov 18th 2006, 8:49 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Look, the question was do I have to inform at this stage DIMA about the separation ?

I don't know the answer....but try to 'up' the charm factor or you might not get a response at all!
Old Nov 18th 2006, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

brasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant future

My suggestion would be to ring them up and find out from the horses mouth, just give them the details but remain anon...you dont wont to tell them unless you have to incase they decide you should leave...i know it doesnt really help you at this moment, but i would ring first thing monday...at least you will then know the facts...get the persons name etc...
Old Nov 18th 2006, 9:01 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

She did say.........

I believe if you have a PR, you can get divorced and still stay in Australia
Ergo your answer would be no

However you may feel more secure contacting DIMIA and getting the answer from the horses mouth so to speak.
Old Nov 18th 2006, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by brasso
My suggestion would be to ring them up and find out from the horses mouth, just give them the details but remain anon...you dont wont to tell them unless you have to incase they decide you should leave...i know it doesnt really help you at this moment, but i would ring first thing monday...at least you will then know the facts...get the persons name etc...
How do you mean to do that ? Do you want to volunteer ?

Well the question is just can they take some consequences on final decision if I did not inform them on time (what ever this means )?
Old Nov 18th 2006, 9:09 am

I just had a look at my Husbands Spouse PR grant letter and the paperwork he received. The PR is unconditional apart from having to abide by Australian Laws.

By all means phone DIMIA....Good Luck
Old Nov 18th 2006, 9:11 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Well the question is just can they take some consequences on final decision if I did not inform them on time (what ever this means )?

I thought you said you had PR

I have PR
So can't understand what the problem is

You may want to start a thread in the Immigration Forum where migration experts and more knowledge bods tend to look
Old Nov 18th 2006, 9:13 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by busterboy
I don't know the answer....but try to 'up' the charm factor or you might not get a response at all!

PMSL. Good onya girl.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.