Reload this Page >

Rekkie to Australia

Rekkie to Australia

Old Jul 20th 2009, 11:09 am
Just Joined

midwifechippy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rekkie to Australia

Can I ask a quick question?

How long has everyone taken to have a proper and serious look around Australia before taking the step to emigrate? Is it true some people never even go to see the country?

Opinions wanted

x x
Old Jul 20th 2009, 11:14 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rekkie to Australia

Originally Posted by midwifechippy

How long has everyone taken to have a proper and serious look around Australia before taking the step to emigrate? Is it true some people never even go to see the country?

Opinions wanted

x x
Stacks of people never come over prior to moving. Others do a couple of weeks, or months or have travelled the country. From what I've seen, none of it makes any difference to whether the move will work or not. Some come who've never left the UK before and settle into life brilliantly. Others who have moved all over the world and who have lived here previously, suddenly feel homesick and have to move back.

Weird how it works or doesn't work.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 11:17 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Opinions wanted

x x
We came to Aus "sight unseen".

We've been on holidays to places we've loved, but could never live there.We figured you have to live somewhere properly to really know what it's like. We couldn't get the time off so decided to make the leap of faith all in one go.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 11:38 am
Degenerate

lolcat has a brilliant futurelolcat has a brilliant futurelolcat has a brilliant futurelolcat has a brilliant futurelolcat has a brilliant futurelolcat has a brilliant future

We visited along the East Coast 2004 for a month, then did a similar thing on the West in 2006.

Fancied moving after 2004, but sheer idleness on my part led to a visa grant this year!
Old Jul 20th 2009, 11:47 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

My sister & a close friend moved over without ever visiting... They say its the best decision they made & would NEVER come back to the UK. We've been out twice but we knew after the first few days that we were gonna love it
Old Jul 20th 2009, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Lymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant future

We never visited before we applied - we came across in April to validate the visas for 10 days
Old Jul 20th 2009, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

Satch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to all

We probably will be coming sight unseen. My wife has expated around the world numerous times as has our eldest child and she said seeing it before it necessary for her to settle in. We applied for visas without ever setting foot in Oz.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

ronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to all

Opinions wanted

x x
I never saw the country before I applied for my visa. Been there for a week approx. on my validation trip (after I received my visa) and simply loved it.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

I never visited before I came out - talked to people who had, did a heap of online research, came with an open & positive frame of mind - love it, had my citz app approved this year. No regrets!
Old Jul 24th 2009, 11:43 am
Just Joined

midwifechippy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys for your responses,

Old Jul 24th 2009, 12:32 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

I came without having been before.

The reasons why:
- large family so it would have cost a lot of money.
- both wife and I had spent time living in foreign countries so knew that living in a country is different to a short visit.
- knew that you have to give it time sometimes to like a country.
- decided to save the money to use for the return flight if we didn't like it.

Was a bit worried when we 1st landed. Slept off the jet lag and have loved it ever since. 5 years later, we've spent the return fare on some reno (So, in toto I've spent about 4 hours thinking "What the f**k am I doing here?")
Old Jul 24th 2009, 12:51 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
So, in toto I've spent about 4 hours thinking "What the f**k am I doing here?"
At the top of a black run at hotham no doubt
Old Jul 24th 2009, 12:54 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
At the top of a black run at hotham no doubt
The top was okay, it was just beyond the lump I failed to see.