Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

regular transfers to UK bank account

regular transfers to UK bank account

Old Aug 23rd 2007, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

sormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud of
Default regular transfers to UK bank account

Hi,
when we move to australia we will need to be able to transfer money probably monthly into our uk bank account to cover mortgage payments as the rental income on our property wont cover it and we might also still have a loan to pay.
can you transfer money between accounts? is it expensive? the accounts are with HSBC and one is currently with barclays if you join these banks in oz will that help?
can you help?
thanks
sarah
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: regular transfers to UK bank account

Originally Posted by sormesher
Hi,
when we move to australia we will need to be able to transfer money probably monthly into our uk bank account to cover mortgage payments as the rental income on our property wont cover it and we might also still have a loan to pay.
can you transfer money between accounts? is it expensive? the accounts are with HSBC and one is currently with barclays if you join these banks in oz will that help?
can you help?
thanks
sarah
best and cheapest way is to use somebody like ozforex/ukforex (see banner ad at top of page) or HIFX-banks charge a fortune and take longer.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Stella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to all

There are HSBC banks (I'm sure I've seen one in Brisbane anyway) but remember that the exchange rate from $ to £ will see a huge chunk out of your australian income to pay for whatever you have in the UK. Best thing would be to try and pay off your loans before you come. I know this is always easier said than done but you might not have the spare cash in your aussie income to pay off the UK debt.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

sormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Stella340
There are HSBC banks (I'm sure I've seen one in Brisbane anyway) but remember that the exchange rate from $ to £ will see a huge chunk out of your australian income to pay for whatever you have in the UK. Best thing would be to try and pay off your loans before you come. I know this is always easier said than done but you might not have the spare cash in your aussie income to pay off the UK debt.
of course i didnt think about the exchange rate, i think OH and i are going to have to sit down and have a look at everything properly.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

hi, barclays are part of the same banking group as westpac in australia. westpac internet banking allows you to make international transfers online for a small fee. they also don't charge you at westpac cash machines to use a barclays cash card (and vice versa)
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by donovandenese
hi, barclays are part of the same banking group as westpac in australia. westpac internet banking allows you to make international transfers online for a small fee. they also don't charge you at westpac cash machines to use a barclays cash card (and vice versa)
thats defo something to look into, i did do a search for barclays on google oz but came up with nothing.
thanks
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 1:00 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sormesher
thats defo something to look into, i did do a search for barclays on google oz but came up with nothing.
thanks
www.tranzfers.com - move money from your Aus account to them, they transfer it to the UK and pay it into your Uk account. Costs $15/£7 per transfer, takes about 3 days.
They are the arm of Ozforex that deals with smaller amounts.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 10:24 pm
A modern day warrior

Tom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute

We have Australian HSBC accounts and UK First Direct accounts. Easy to move money from Oz to UK via online account. Costs A$20 this end and GBP8 "receiving" fee. Exchange rate is pretty competitive as well.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 4:59 am
BE Enthusiast

selina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

We have used our online ANZ account to transfer money into a UK aacount

They charge $24 ( £10)and it takes 48 hours for the money to go into the UK account

Hope that helps

selina x