British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Registered Nurses. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/registered-nurses-104721/)

Chris000 Mar 15th 2001 10:08 pm

Hi all,

Are there any U.K, Registered nurses out there who have applied for a Skilled P.R visa, or who have recently received a visa?

What was the application process like for you, time taken, any difficulties etc etc etc.

Any replies of info appreciated.

Ta,

Chris.

smithsrhere Mar 16th 2001 8:42 pm

Hi Chris, I am a Reistered Nurse about to apply for skills assessment. We have only
just begun the process and it has already proved a big headache. firstly you need to
write to the UKCC dont forget to send a cheque for £20! They will send verification
of your current registration and a transcript of your nurse education to the
Australian Nursing Council, so you need to tell them when and where you trained. Next
you need to obtain employment refernces, one professional refernce not more than 1
year old and employment status refernces from all your previous nursing employers.
This I have found really time consuming, it is only a brief statement of your dates
of employment and the capacity in which you were employed, but I am still waiting
after nearly 4 weeks for one of them. You have to get copies of all your
certificates, you dont send originals. If you are a member of the RCN they do a
really good information pack for nurses wishing to work abroad. Next you need a
Notary or Justice of the peace to certify your documents, the Notary's can be found
in the yellow pages, expect to pay around £40 for this. good luck Andrea

Chris000 Mar 16th 2001 9:17 pm

Andrea,

Hi, thanks for your reply, maybe I need to clarify, I think I caused some confusion, my wife is the nurse and we have already submitted our PR application, you seem to be going the right way about things, if we can be of any help to you in the early stages please feel free to contact us, either through this site or via e-mail which is [email protected] , thanks again for replying.

Chris.

kelman Feb 24th 2005 9:49 pm

Re: Registered Nurses.

Originally Posted by Chris
Andrea,

Hi, thanks for your reply, maybe I need to clarify, I think I caused some confusion, my wife is the nurse and we have already submitted our PR application, you seem to be going the right way about things, if we can be of any help to you in the early stages please feel free to contact us, either through this site or via e-mail which is [email protected] , thanks again for replying.

Chris.

Hi, we have just been granted our PR visa,It took us in total 5 months. everything went quite smoothly, we sent application in September money debited in October and medicals and pcc requested in November. We went to Brisbane area end of November for two weeks and when we got back we had a letter requesting more information regarding my son who is 18 so this held us back a bit. Got that sorted and then received a request for copies of our nonblank passport pages as we had now got stamps in them after visiting Australia. These were sent back begining Feb and we received an email yesterday to say our visa had been granted. i am a registered mental nurse so we were on the demand list. If you want to talk about anything contact us though this thread or send a pm.
Fingers crossed you wont have to wait long.
Dawn and Mark :)

rumbletum Feb 25th 2005 12:52 am

Originally Posted by Chris
Hi all,

Are there any U.K, Registered nurses out there who have applied for a Skilled P.R visa, or who have recently received a visa?

What was the application process like for you, time taken, any difficulties etc etc etc.

Any replies of info appreciated.

Ta,

Chris.

Hi Chris

You will find there are loads of nurses posting on here and we have our own dedicated forum... keep scrolling down till you find it.... :D

My visa is PR, no problems whatsoever, took them 17 days from receipt of application to grant the visas... my story is in the timeline and under some of my posts. I did frontload and nurses were being processed superquick then.. September 2003

Good Luck

yvsie Feb 25th 2005 1:30 am

actually 'chris' wrote this post in 2001 if you look...so he/ she is probably/ possibly here or even gone back by now :rolleyes: :D :p

rumbletum Feb 25th 2005 2:29 am

[QUOTE=yvsie]actually 'chris' wrote this post in 2001 if you look...so he/ she is probably/ possibly here or even gone back by now

:D :D :D Well spotted Yvsie, I never look at the dates, always assume if they are at the top of the list, then they must be new.. ha ha :o