Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

regional SIR news

regional SIR news

Old Jul 14th 2004, 4:41 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute
Default regional SIR news

Hi all.I got an email last night from Go Matilda. Alan has new info on the SIR visa. since we are trying to get close to Brissy, I have been trying to find out about a few of the areas. some of the ones included in the new visa are Kingaroy, Nanangu, Gayndah. to name a few. now could someone please tell me what they know about these areas? (I hope I spelled them correctly) Oh, and here is the link to the regional areas in Queensland. thanks!
calle
http://www.sd.qld.gov.au/dsdweb/htdo...t.cfm?id=16125

I hope I did this right!!
Old Jul 14th 2004, 4:45 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you know they are only accepting onshore applications until November? (Queensland , that is!) We were bummed out as we really wanted to go to Brissie!
Old Jul 14th 2004, 4:46 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

oh I left something out. go to '8 steps for reginal visa' go to step 3, then click on 'skills in demand'.
Old Jul 14th 2004, 4:48 pm
Home at last

Originally posted by lucyb
Do you know they are only accepting onshore applications until November? (Queensland , that is!) We were bummed out as we really wanted to go to Brissie!

Huh? what do you mean? dont tell me its bad news. we so badly want to go there also. what do you mean by 'onshore applications?
Old Jul 14th 2004, 4:51 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Between July 1 and October 1, you have to already be in Oz with a valid visa to apply? I dont quite get it as what's the point of applying for SIR if you already have a Visa? But after Oct 1, you can apply, I assume..if you can be patient that long! Im sure Alan Collett can clear this one up!

Lucy
Old Jul 14th 2004, 5:08 pm
Home at last

oh ok. so you are saying you can apply after Oct. if you dont already live there. it will still be a little while for us anyway, as I cant seem to get my hubby in the the same mad rush that I am in and he's the main applicant. you scared me for a moment there. I thought you meant that you HAD to apply by then or else not at all.:scared: