Reload this Page >

Regarding student visa and college fees

Regarding student visa and college fees

Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

justgoogleit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Regarding student visa and college fees

Hi,

Im looking at the student visa option, as an agent has sent me an info pack and has recommended this type of visa for me. I dont know how I could possibly afford the to pay the college fees in one lump sum!

College: Silver Trowel, Perth
Cost approx: $28,950
They say on the website you can pay in 4 different payments, BEFORE the commencement of each semester. So, if I cant for example, pay my second semester due to lack of/no funds, Its going to take me a decade to complete it!

I dont own a house, so no equity to use. I will try save as much possible, but £15k-20k is not that realistic to me, if I plan to go in the next 2-3 years, my salary just would not cope.

Im 22 male and single status. Could anybody tell me if there are ANY options of affordability in my situation? Loans, a study grant, more flexible payments options? Have you been through this college and found a way of getting through these huge fees?

Look forward to your responses.

Regards

Nick
Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:23 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: regarding student visa and college fees

Originally Posted by justgoogleit
Hi,

Im looking at the student visa option, as an agent has sent me an info pack and has recommended this type of visa for me. I dont know how I could possibly afford the to pay the college fees in one lump sum!

College: Silver Trowel, Perth
Cost approx: $28,950
They say on the website you can pay in 4 different payments, BEFORE the commencement of each semester. So, if I cant for example, pay my second semester due to lack of/no funds, Its going to take me a decade to complete it!

I dont own a house, so no equity to use. I will try save as much possible, but £15k-20k is not that realistic to me, if I plan to go in the next 2-3 years, my salary just would not cope.

Im 22 male and single status. Could anybody tell me if there are ANY options of affordability in my situation? Loans, a study grant, more flexible payments options? Have you been through this college and found a way of getting through these huge fees?

Look forward to your responses.

Regards

Nick
A lot of people have posted that they are looking at the courses. No-one has yet said that they've actually started at the college.
If you do a search on "silver trowel" you'll find quite a few threads.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Olias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Regarding student visa and college fees

From memory, I think the only possibility is a UK career development loan. Not worth it in my opinion, I think you can only borrow a small amount and there are so many conditions attached it wouldn't be worth it.

It's either pay the cash or forget it, sorry!
Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:48 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Gosh that's a lot!!! I thought Bond Univesity fees were high but that makes them look like value for money.

Hope someone comes up with a solution for you.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:53 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Did they not suggest a working holiday visa? Or would that not work for you?

Also, I imagine it would be cheaper to retrain in something in the UK and then apply.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

justgoogleit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by comet555
Did they not suggest a working holiday visa? Or would that not work for you?

Also, I imagine it would be cheaper to retrain in something in the UK and then apply.
I am considering this option as I can use the time I have.

Thanks