Refused: Update

Old Jun 2nd 2006, 11:06 pm
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Refused: Update

Hi all i thought i would just update you on the bloody huge rollercoaster that i am currently riding. After the TRA refusal, our agent did get in touch with the person handling our file, basically this person is not happy with my write up of my work experience with the Royal Air Force because it has not been signed by the RAF, so my stat dec is worthless???? so what is the point of doing a stat dec if it doesnt mean anything i ask??

Ok so my next task is to go back to the RAF and ask them to please state that my write up is a true representation of the work that i did in the RAF, they say to me send us your write up and we will look at it. Write up sent i wait......... I got a call yesterday, from records ay RAF Insworth to say call them, great i thought they are going to be ok with it, WRONG!!!!!!!!! I got some snot nosed git on the phone that says its a good write up but they WILL NOT sign a name to it under any circumstances, 'it is not their policy'

After actually pleading with this prick as my last resort he held his ground and flat refused to help me in any way at all, ive got to tell you i was in tears and shaking with rage, what the frigin hell am i gonna do now, tra wont accept my stat dec and the raf wont sign a written statement from me, im bolloxed. All this was going on by the way whilst i was actually at my second job of cooking for the Visa, so im asking myself why the hell am i working my nuts off off in this stinking kitchen for nowt.

Anyway i get back home and decide i want to speak to someone higher than this little prick at records (who is a civilian by the way) so i make a few calls and i end up speaking directly to a wing commander who was the nicest and most helpfull guy i think ive spoken to in a long time, who basically says to me what a load of twaddle and if we cant help someone who served in the RAF then its a poor show and that he will personally sign my write up and sort out himself, he evn assured me that he wouldnt hand it down to any of his staff but he would see to it personally.

So im sending him my stuff to sort out then it will all go back to the agent then onto TRA with another $300!!! :scared: and an appeal which the agent is confident should be ok this time, so i must say again thanks to all who sent kind words and if you could just cross a couple more fingers for me i would be eternally gratefull

Appologies for my language in this thread im just a bit numb with all this at the mo.

Thanks all, Nev.

Last edited by redlion; Jun 2nd 2006 at 11:09 pm.
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 11:15 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Refused: Update

Originally Posted by redlion
Appologies for my language in this thread im just a bit numb with all this at the mo.

Thanks all, Nev.
Fingers crossed for you mate. Nice to hear you found someone accountable at the RAF - hope it does the trick.
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 11:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all i thought i would just update you on the bloody huge rollercoaster that i am currently riding. After the TRA refusal, our agent did get in touch with the person handling our file, basically this person is not happy with my write up of my work experience with the Royal Air Force because it has not been signed by the RAF, so my stat dec is worthless???? so what is the point of doing a stat dec if it doesnt mean anything i ask??

Ok so my next task is to go back to the RAF and ask them to please state that my write up is a true representation of the work that i did in the RAF, they say to me send us your write up and we will look at it. Write up sent i wait......... I got a call yesterday, from records ay RAF Insworth to say call them, great i thought they are going to be ok with it, WRONG!!!!!!!!! I got some snot nosed git on the phone that says its a good write up but they WILL NOT sign a name to it under any circumstances, 'it is not their policy'

After actually pleading with this prick as my last resort he held his ground and flat refused to help me in any way at all, ive got to tell you i was in tears and shaking with rage, what the frigin hell am i gonna do now, tra wont accept my stat dec and the raf wont sign a written statement from me, im bolloxed. All this was going on by the way whilst i was actually at my second job of cooking for the Visa, so im asking myself why the hell am i working my nuts off off in this stinking kitchen for nowt.

Anyway i get back home and decide i want to speak to someone higher than this little prick at records (who is a civilian by the way) so i make a few calls and i end up speaking directly to a wing commander who was the nicest and most helpfull guy i think ive spoken to in a long time, who basically says to me what a load of twaddle and if we cant help someone who served in the RAF then its a poor show and that he will personally sign my write up and sort out himself, he evn assured me that he wouldnt hand it down to any of his staff but he would see to it personally.

So im sending him my stuff to sort out then it will all go back to the agent then onto TRA with another $300!!! :scared: and an appeal which the agent is confident should be ok this time, so i must say again thanks to all who sent kind words and if you could just cross a couple more fingers for me i would be eternally gratefull

Thanks all, Nev.
I hope this time it all goes smoothly for you, and that this time next year you'll look back and think all your hard work, ( inc. 2 jobs! ) was worth it
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 12:13 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

God loves a tryer!
Hope it goes well for you this time - good luck.
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck this time Nev, I left the Royal Navy last November but started my TRA stuff 2 1/2 yrs ago i had a good friend who was a Warrant Officer told me to write what they needed to hear he transrered this onto headed note paper of the Captain of the base, this worked for me it looked very impressive i didn't realise i was that good. Shame you had to apply again all adds to the stress of everything.

John
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 3:57 am
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Fu****g Jobsworths- I hate them.
Good luck and you'll be ok 2nd time
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 4:53 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi NEv

Ex RAF myself and was going to suggest you speak to the Wing Commander because I just couldn't believe they wouldn't help you out. There is nothing worse than getting some snot nosed civi who thinks they're some sort of god.
Your guy sounds good and I'm sure it will work out.

Fingers crossed.
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 5:09 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Chin up mate. Best of luck this time round. Tried to send some K but I gotta spread it....
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 5:13 am
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Nev

Great news, sounds like there are some people who will actually help. Sometimes you have to really push. There is always a way forward, it is just a question of whether or not that way forward is palatable.

Anyhow, well done for pushing the issue. Sounds like the person in the office was nothing short of a bloody jobsworth and that the wing commander is a top bloke.

All the best with your application and look forward to seeing you in Oz. Keep us posted.

G n T
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 5:31 am
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Too bad there will always be people who will only 'follow rules'. In my opinion if you can't look beyond the 'rule part' you're nothing more than a robot without empathy . I'm glad the wing commander will help you. All the best and looking forward to hearing the result

Miranda
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 5:49 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
Hi NEv

Ex RAF myself and was going to suggest you speak to the Wing Commander because I just couldn't believe they wouldn't help you out. There is nothing worse than getting some snot nosed civi who thinks they're some sort of god.
Your guy sounds good and I'm sure it will work out.

Fingers crossed.
Didnt know you were Ex RAF??!! Me too - and hubby!

We got lucky with the TRA write up too - got a Warrant Officer to do it for us on letter headed paper! Good to still have contacts there thats for sure!
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 5:56 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by tygwyn
Didnt know you were Ex RAF??!! Me too - and hubby!

LOL - yeah we didn't cover past lives over coffee much did we!?!
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 6:11 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
LOL - yeah we didn't cover past lives over coffee much did we!?!
No we didnt!! Lesson learnt - we'll have to write up an agenda for next time!!
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 6:23 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by tygwyn
No we didnt!! Lesson learnt - we'll have to write up an agenda for next time!!
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all, Nev.[/QUOTE]

Really feel for you and know what it feels like to have a skills assesment pushed back.

I was in similar situation and even our agent wanted to give up - and give us our money back! But we fought on and on and on - now out here so - I will say a prayer to give you strength to fight for what you want.

best wishes
Sarah

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.