Wikiposts

Refugee Drivers

Old Aug 1st 2003, 11:29 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Re: Refugee Drivers

Originally posted by kentcoast
So what's wrong with us 'sandal wearing, veggie eating do-gooders' ? (although I'd have to ask you to change 'veggie eating' for 'Guardian reading' - got make sure I'm in the right pigeon hole)

Perry
OK I'll try and keep it short.

Your sympathy for any kind of person who you deem to be persecuted (but only by your own definition), is misplaced in that it is governed almost entirely by the fact that you don't like to see anyone as an outcast.
This is not determined by the actions of such a person, but only by the very fact that you see them as the little man who needs support due to the overwhelming tirade of opinion that runs against them.
Many guardianist are (in my opinion at least) genuine people with their hearts in the right place with only the welfare of others on their agenda. Unfortunately this does not equate to reality.
Old Aug 1st 2003, 11:55 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Anyone fancy a statistic?

Oz vs UK road death and injuries :

United Kingdom
Death - 3,598
Injury - 316,704
Vehicles - 24,001,000

Australia
Death - 1,970
Injury - 17,048
Vehicles - 10,956,000

I know, i know.....1996 stats. Can't believe somthing like this would change much in 7 years though.

Interesting to see that the number of fatalities is fairly similar (taking into account the difference in vehicle numbers). Amazes me how many more injuries there are in the Uk though.

UK - 1.5% of vehicles were involved in an accident resulting in injury for the year

Oz - 0.16 % of vehicles invovled in accidents resulting in injury.

Fancy being in a car accident? Your chances are better if your in the UK.....

Other cherry i got from that site.....

Did you all know that the GNP per capita in oz is same as it is in the UK?

http://www.factbook.net/HMCStats.htm
Old Aug 1st 2003, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

Carpenter is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's another one that happened recently

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/st...005392,00.html

Van driven by a Kurd full of illegal immigrant farm workers did not follow correct procedure on level crossing and caused the train to collide with the van.
Old Aug 2nd 2003, 2:07 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Maybe this is why!

A TRANSLATOR was behind bars last night for helping hundreds of asylum seekers cheat their way through the driving test.
Michael Babayan, 49, provided the candidates, who were mostly Afghan, with answers through a hidden mobile phone earpiece during the test’s theory section. The Iranian, who was working as an interpreter at the Palmers Green Test Centre in North London, made up to £250,000 from the scam. He charged at least 400 applicants between £250 and £650 for his services.
The case is another alarming example of the problem of Illegal immigrants driving on Britain’s roads.
This week, the Daily Mail reported how 23-year-old Pole Wlodzimierz Rogowski mowed down a newly wed couple while driving over the drink limit without MOT or insurance.
Police say increasing numbers of illegal immigrants are causing accidents because of their reluctance to attract the authorities’ attention by acquiring legal documents for their cars. Wood
Green Crown Court was told Babayan was sacked in March 2001 when colleagues became suspicious about the number of Afghan candidates he was booking every week and the fact that they all wore head-scarves, which were used to hide hands-free mobiles.
He continued to run the opera-tion for another 20 months, however, not being exposed until a £60,000 investigation by a firm of security consultants.
Many of Babayan’s customers wanted illegal licences to ‘legit-imise their stays in Britain’.
Babayan, from Acton West London, admitted three counts of obtaining property by decep-tion and six counts of attempt-ing the crime.
He appeared alongside six test cheats - Habiba Sherbaz, 24, Iranian housewife Shweta Piasa, 25, Soran Abdullah, 30, Kurd Karwan Raschid, 20, and Afghan brothers Nazeem and Naeem Haldmzadeh, 23 and 25. All admitted obtaining prop-erty by deception.
Tom Derbyshire. defending. claimed there were three other ringleaders who had not been caught.
‘The profits may look enormous, but Mr Babayan assures me he has had nowhere near £250,000 in his own hands.’ But Judge Linda Stern QC told Babayan: ‘It is an abuse of trust of the position that you previously held. This was a sophisticated and well-planned operation for profit.’ Sentencing him to two years in prison, she said the scam posed a threat to public safety. Tim Devlin, prosecuting, said Babayan had stuck postcards on noticeboards advertising ‘help to pass driving theory tests’.
Respondents were asked to pay money into his account. He would then rig them up with an earpiece and headscarf.
In the test, candidates worked at computers while Babayan supplied the answers by phone.
Sherbaz was fined £1,000. Abdullah from Birmingham, Rasdhid, from Thttenham, North London, Piasa, from Stanmore, North-West London, and the Hakimzadeh brothers, from Manchester, were ordered to do 80 hours community service and pay £150 costs.

Last edited by SteveBannister; Aug 2nd 2003 at 2:10 am.
Old Aug 3rd 2003, 11:43 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by PeteY
Anyone fancy a statistic?

Oz vs UK road death and injuries :

United Kingdom
Death - 3,598
Injury - 316,704
Vehicles - 24,001,000

Australia
Death - 1,970
Injury - 17,048
Vehicles - 10,956,000

I know, i know.....1996 stats. Can't believe somthing like this would change much in 7 years though.

Interesting to see that the number of fatalities is fairly similar (taking into account the difference in vehicle numbers). Amazes me how many more injuries there are in the Uk though.

UK - 1.5% of vehicles were involved in an accident resulting in injury for the year

Oz - 0.16 % of vehicles invovled in accidents resulting in injury.

Fancy being in a car accident? Your chances are better if your in the UK.....

Other cherry i got from that site.....

Did you all know that the GNP per capita in oz is same as it is in the UK?

http://www.factbook.net/HMCStats.htm

According to your figures 1996 a bigger percentage of Australians get killed on the road , good news or what.
The GNP means little Australias wealth is in sheep and big holes in the ground which employ few , as the population grows it will decease .