Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Licence SA

Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Licence SA

Old Apr 10th 2012, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

bignick has a spectacular aura aboutbignick has a spectacular aura aboutbignick has a spectacular aura about
Default Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Licence SA

Hi Peeps

I'm attempting to confirm the status of my newly acquired Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Licence for SA.

I applied for it though the SA OCBA system using an Electrical Licence application form. I questioned the use of this form at the time of application as I am a trade qualified Refrigeration Mechanic with an ARTC cert to prove it. The chap told me not to worry and the correct licence would be issued based on that ARTC. I have now had my Licence issued: It is a Workers Registration - Electrical. The scope of the Licence states:

ELECTRICAL WORKER: DISCONNECTION/RECONNECTION, FAULT FIND & REPAIR OF REFRIGERATION & AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEMS. CANNOT PERFORM ELECTRICAL WORK IN HAZARDOUS AREAS AS DEFINED IN CLAUSE 1.4.3 OF AS/NZS 2381.1:1999

A good scan of the various web info indicates to me that SA seems to lump Refrigeration/Air-conditioning in with Electrical, which kind of makes sense as there isn't much Refrigeration/Air Conditioning stuff out there that isn't electrical. Furthermore, the text of the scope of the licence seems to indicate that I can work on Refrigeration & Air conditioning 'systems'. In the end I felt it best to ask the opinion of the BE SA Refrigeration Air Con fraternity to see if they have the same licence class as me. I also have the ARCTick Full RAC licence.

Thanks in advance for any assistance that can be given